Also had a Combat Elite 45 from the same time frame. I have a DDV7S that has been modified, I removed the Mlok rail and installed a DDM4 rail. LWRC LWRC SIX8-A5 6.8MM SPC II So I'm going to list them without much enthusiasm. Most listed are fairly proprietary so not sure based on your desire for ease of spare parts. Oh look, all the people out in force saying I built XYZ for this much. It is our mission to encourage, organize, and support these efforts throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. The Barrett REC7 DI features upper and lower receivers that are machined from 7075-T6 aluminum and then hardcoat anodized. They are backups so I kept em polymer to keep the weight down. I got the Barret and now just want to build my own for less. ill push a bit - i have a sig rattler. 55 and 62 gr military ball rounds were designed for a 20 inch barrel. The original REC7 had an A2-style pistol grip and an A2 flash hider on the end of the barrel. the trigger is still short buttery smooth and crisp on the break. Gulf of Mexico Up To Florida State too! . The .223 was designed for 20. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win. Can not find a difference between any of them regardless of price as long as it's a standard FA BCG. buy a factory SBR have to file form 4 and wait over a year.id just buy a 16" DD and switch the barrels. The upper and lower receiver are machined from 7075-T6, with all aluminum components coated in Type 3 Class 2 hardcoat anodizing . Now some parts may be just fine, like my Daniel Defense I happened to like the stock, and my Sig 716 the saftey was good enough. The REC7-DI will retail for $1899, but street prices appear to be hovering around $1699. obviously gas system tuning as well depending on the setup but the rest is just creature comforts and aesthetics. Care to qualify it? . and our I believe. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. BCM. Either rifle is a good choice. Get a comprehensive look at the inner mechanics with a complete parts list for the REC7 DI. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. excellent, Dry racking was smooth and the whole experience said to me: Yes this entry is from a company that sells $10,000 The Price for a Barrett REC7 has decreased in cost by $309.83 in 2022 compared to 2021. Buy the pistol version (DDM4 V7P) and Form 1 it. I was set on getting the v11, after shooting it, then I saw the barrett and now I'm not sure what to buy. The company claims that it is effective at five hundred meters and has a muzzle velocity of 2650 feet per second when fired from a 16 inch barrel. Don't get hung up too much on manufacturers on the lower price point. Get the top Rifle Shooter stories delivered right to your inbox. My little brother picked up a REC7 not long ago and I fell in love with it. My test rifle wore a Magpul MOE stock, grip and enhanced trigger guard all in black. I have a DDV7S that has been modified, I removed the Mlok rail and installed a DDM4 rail. I received a rifle in OD green to test. The REC7 rifles upper receiver houses a free-floated hammer-forged chrome-lined barrel, with M4 feed ramps machined into the receiver for reliability. The upper also seems to be nearly identical if not completely identical to a flat top AR upper. The piston can be removed without removing the top hand . I made face to face contact with my first Barrett REC 7 DI today. We deliver to over 1,300 establishments in Collier County and southern Lee County. I was at the local gun store and the had a $600 dpms and a DD on the shelf for $1800? But because it's twice the cost of many direct-impingement rifles that are just as accurate, I think Barrett is charging a lot for the Gen II simply because of the name on the receiver. AR15.Com reserves the right to overwrite or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users, with our own. A short-stroke spring-loaded gas piston rides above the barrel emplaced in the gas block and its held in place by a two-position gas plug. Think the video was on Irag veteran 888 youtube. Am I missing something? COPYRIGHT 2021, THETRUTHABOUTGUNS.COM. Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. I've handled a dozen + BCGs including two verified LMTs. Add in the coating and you can see how the price tag could kinda sorta make sense if you squint just right. It rides above the barrel and is housed inside the fore-end. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. It features a continuous top rail and has a two-inch polymer rail section attached at the three o'clock position at the muzzle end. DDM4 PDW: Classified as a personal defense weapon, this short-barreled rifle features a seven-inch barrel and an overall length of only 20.75 inches, making it excellent for transporting and perfect for storing in a car or truck. Copyright 1996-2023 AR15.COM LLC. The Gen II features a modern three-prong flash hider, and the. You must log in or register to reply here. that word as the Infantry Advisor to the RFPF forces in Tuy Phuoc sub sector, Binh Dinh Province, II Corps, RVN in 1965 & 1966. This will be the first AR I've owned in over a decade. Wasnt that the point of the H-bar, to have a fairly accurate match rifle right out of the box? The V7 P with LAW Tactical folding adapter features the SB-Tactical SOB Pistol Stabilizing Brace. I love the v11, but for $50 more I can get the rec7 DI. Ive got a set of Magpul Polymer flip up sights. Making it MK18'ish, it has a an EOT, DD BUIS and when I was shooting it that past weekend was saying to my self this is one of the first rifles I own, never a malfunction. I'd buy the POF Renegade +. I think you would go broke before feeding one of those enough ammo to choke on. I see a lot of people recommend Colt. Any use of this content without express written consent is prohibited. Why would I pay such money for AR15? Barrett REC7 Gen II Rifles. It does. They are now using a Magpul MOE stock, instead of a standard M4-style stock, and a Daniel Defense free-float rail system. Download the latest REC7 DI Operator's Manual. Cookie Notice All Rights Reserved. The barrel and bolt are Magnetic Particle Inspected (MPI) and high pressure tested. The best price for barrett rec7 di for sale online. So its actually for expensive to get the DD. Unless it is a large frame AR, I will personally from now on just build it. silverdragon33 Joined Apr 30, 2007 Messages 1,527 Jul 31, 2016 #5 Have a 1st gen. Nice gun. Like in the REC7 piston rifle, the newest REC7 DI variant features forged 7075-T6 aluminum upper and lower receivers, which are hard coat anodized and Cerakote finished for a perfect color match. Barrett is proud to produce the REC7 DI a lightweight, modular, accurate AR that even the most die hard traditionalist can appreciate. Learn the intricacies of long-range shooting and maintain your Barrett rifles at an armorer level. I paid $1700 for the Barret with the cheapest Magpul grip, $60 BC charging handle and a $70 trigger? A. agbm Sergeant. Now of course their name probably adds a hundred to the cost too. For reliability believe it or not saw a video on the MP Sport went 840 rounds full auto as fast as he could do mag changes. I have a Barrett REC 7 in 300 BO and say enough about how it shoots and how light it is. Additional factors. The best price for barrett rec7 for sale online. HideTV Updates and Shot Show Streams Coming This Week. Join Date: May 2004 Location: The Evergreen State Posts: 16,038 iTrader: 24 / 100% LWRC vs Daniel Defense So. F.F.L.s is (011) Option License too! Have great accuracy and arent too crazy on price. Lots of us could sit down and cobble a gun The new version of the REC7, the Gen II, sports a much slimmer Barrett Enhanced Rail handguard with a KeyMod attachment system. They will Get in trouble with those Licences also too. In a bad situation the next thing you will hear is someone hollering incoming Youll be amazed to realize its you. Interestingly, the REC7 DI carbine is Barretts fourth AR-pattern firearm and the second one based on a direct-impingement operating system after the short-lived M468, chambered in 6.8mm SPC. Wont have another one. Over the years, the Barrett compact piston-driven REC7 has been improved and finally unveiled in 2013 as a semi-automatic premium class rifle called REC7 Gen II. Then a DMR version that has a heavier and hammer forged barrel, and finally the REC7 . I really don't think you could go wrong either way. Parts wise DI parts are a dime a dozen and not difficult to acquire. This is what they mean: DDM4 V1: This 5.56mm rifle is Daniel Defenses original flagship rifle, introduced in 2009. I learned to hate I have 5.56 in DI and piston as well as 6.8 in DI and piston. I'd guess Form 1ing your own lower will get done quicker though. I with a DDM4V11 Pro instead, just because it was a known commodity. As the OP is looking at the DI version, that rifle only comes in the Gen II. Weve reached out and asked for a sample to test to see if its worth the scratch. P.s. FN makes a great rifle I doubt you would shoot the barrel out on and moving at great prices right now. Barrett REC7 AR-15 rifles are the "Reliability-Enhanced Carbine" of the 21st century. New. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Why pay them $100 just to stick the upper on the lower? Luckily, besides heavy sniper .50 BMG caliber rifles, Barrett Firearms introduces several semi-automatic rifle models based on the AR platform. Also plus one on the break / comp testing winner, the Precision Armament m4-72. Daniel Defense does sell NFA-restricted rifles and suppressors; however, they do not sell them directly to consumers. Magpul does make some Pro series flip ups that are steel or alloy BUT they are not Push button ready and take longer than a second to deploy. Further, Barretts high-strength 9310 Enhanced steel bolt is matched with a purpose-built bolt carrier machined from a monolithic block of 8620 steel and coated with a nickel-boron layer. The REC7 uses a short-stroke gas piston designed by Barrett. No ebay specials on my gear. With Mexico & U.S.A Border is Wall is needed too! Available in 5.56 NATO, every REC7 DI is hand built one at a time, inspected, and tested to ensure it lives up to the quality and reliability you expect from the Barrett name. What else has changed? Thanks. This should be fixed soon! Thank you both for your service and the reviews.I have read ,consider building and shot ARs. Improved feed lip design for optimized feeding and reliability. I like Rock River Arms. Can you build for less than these guns? You can usually find them from time to time on their for under 1K. Get up to date retail pricing on Barrett long-range precision rifles and accessories. You can have it in a variety of colors including Black, FDE, Green, Grey, Brown, and Burnt Bronze. You can then eFile and save yourself nearly a year of waiting. I wouldnt be surprised if they got the BCG from the same company AIM gets them from. Also. DDUPLEKS USA Dead Air Armament Del-Ton DELTA LEVEL DEFENSE LLC DERYA INTERNATIONAL ARMS COMPANY (DERYA HUNTING ARMS) DESERT EAGLE Desert Tech . Cooler parts not only run longer but also last longer. It features a 16-inch M4 profile barrel, a Carbine length gas system, and a 12-inch DDM4 FSP rail with a Picatinny attachment system and a Forged Front Site Base. Taking the Barrett out to the range brought no surprises. I think Im going to pull the trigger on the LMT CQB Starter Upper. The REC7's hammer-forged, chrome-lined, 16-inch barrel is tipped with an A2-style flash hider. Save big on a new barrett rec7 di. For that reason, some companies started developing Gas Piston Driven AR-15s, a pretty different system than the Stoner-type direct impingement system. Today, firearms manufacturers can build rifles based on AR platforms with direct impingement (DI) or new gas piston technology. Third smith to work on it finally figured out that the pin holes for the slide stop were drilled crooked in the frame. Some DDM4 rifles (and DD5 rifles and DDM4 pistols) have a suffix at the end of their name to designate additional information about the weapon. Both are similar so it might come down to wanted features. The SSA alone retails for $240. I have enjoyed Rugers piston version, however, it would not be my first choice to take to a hot place. Probably not. Where you might buy a bargain bin rifle and swap out the factory parts for name brand pieces along the way, Barrett and various other companies have come to the market with fully sorted rifles that should check all the boxes youd likely go after in the first year of ownership. Daniel Defense pistols are available in 5.56mm or .300 Blackout. weapons. [ARCHIVED THREAD] - Factory SBR: Daniel Defense DDM4 V7S or Barrett Rec7 DI Posted: 9/10/2019 6:34:45 PM EST After building my last few guns, I'm planning to buy a nice factory SBR for my next AR. In addition to the Magpul MOE grip, the Gen II features a modern three-prong flash hider of the type proven to be most effective. You cannot go wrong starting with a Colt. Is Under Class-2 Regulations now too! But I thought DI guns were inherently broken and needed a pistol. Barrett REC7 Rifle In 5.56 Nato & 6.8 SPC. Specifications and pricing subject to change. July 27,2017 A.D too!! I'm familiar with the quality that both companies are known for, but I'm leaning toward the DD M4A1. In my stable I have a YHM Diamond 5.56 (factory built); an LMT Defender 5.56 (factory built); a POF Renegade 5.56 (factory You have entered an incorrect email address! 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. The Barrett REC7 has been around for a while, yet I only know one person who actually bought one. Bcm uppers just flat out run. I finally purchased the Barrett Rec7 Gen2 DI and feel great about it!! Any rifle with an overall length of less than 26 inches, even if its barrel is 16 inches or longer, is also considered an SBR. DDM4 rifles share many of the same features, which make them Daniel Defense products. It can, however, feature a stabilizing brace. The count is around near of( 28,288) F.F.L.s Retailers Gun Dealers Store Fronts-regular Gun Stores Holders is left today too! I've got my eye on 3 weapons, a DD M4 V5, DD M4A1, and a Barrett REC7. All Rights Reserved. Finally, I heard someone grousing about the Barrett sounding gritty, or cheap when racked. The are riding on a reputation, and I hope they are turning out a better product than they used to. The new REC7-DI comes with an upgraded Bravo Company charging handle that can handle high-stress shooting or a custom Radian Raptor ambidextrous charging handle. THERES NO EXCUSE NOT TO OWN THE WORLDS FINEST CARBINE. My 18 Daniel Defense S2W, FailZero bcg, Giessele SD3G trigger and mk4 mlok rail, BCG Gunfighter, Magpul UBR, etc on a matching MEGA receiver set cost less. It hasn't wiped out the idea of shopping in a swine store, but it gave the consumers an swap means to shop and a bigger shout from the rooftops that . I was trying to choose between a Barret REC7 DI & Daniel Defense (don't remember which model) but the sales guy sold me on the Barret. I received my upper! Prxr88. Speaking of which, why an 18 barrel? Another enhancement is a single-stage ALG Defense Advanced Combat Trigger (ACT), but it is also offered with popular Geissele S.S.A., a two-stage trigger. Didn't bother researching the webs for another one before I bought it. Capacity 20 THERE'S NO EXCUSE NOT TO OWN THE WORLD'S FINEST CARBINE. To get an easily serviceable and durable AR on a budget, staying pretty close to Mil Spec everything is the easy way to do it. Barrett's updating the rifle line with a new keymod forend (bringing them into line with other high end manufacturers), an all chrome one-piece push-rod piston . . The Barrett definitely feels more like a "custom" rifle in the hand. The first DI rifle had been the M468 that only came in 6.8 SPC. Hi, I'm about to pull the trigger on a new rifle. In 2007, Barrett introduced the REC7 (Reliability Enhanced Carbine, 2007) chambered in 6.8 SPC. Sure. As the real measurement of an AR product, the more significant part and critical components of this Barrett rifle are made in-house. Want to learn more about the Daniel Defense rifle line? Jan 15, 2012 684 9 Fl, USA. Featuring a lengthened gas system for reliability with or without a suppressor, the REC7 DI is truly a pleasure to shoot. The number of Gun Dealers Retailers dropped to 1/2 out of 56,577 too. LMT. AR15.Com reserves the right to overwrite or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users, with our own. Nevertheless, the conventional AR-style rifles with a direct gas impingement stay on the course, still representing the most viable shoulder-fired weapon for the most law-abiding US citizens. With an 18-inch barrel designed for long-range shooting and a 2-Stage Geissele semi-auto trigger, depending on which caliber you select, this rifle can bring down most any North American game animal. States : Are California, Arizona ,New Mexico, Texas, Too. Thanks. My advice is to build a lower of your choice, a nice geissele ssae trigger and whatever furniture you fancy, make it yours. The 5.56 cartridge generates the same amount of heat no matter the rifle it is fired in, but where that heat goes is the variable. Barrett utilizes the fewest number of parts in the REC7 of any AR style rifle with a piston system dividing heat and powder residue from the bolt and trigger assembly. For full disclosure, I have a burnt bronze REC7 in the sale section, brand new in box with extras. (Special Purpose Cartridge), .300 Blackout cartridge and for the ubiquitous 5.56mm NATO ammunition. Barrel lengths range from 16 inches up to 20 inches, and theyre all Strength-to-Weight barrel profiles to easily handle the larger loads these rifles are designed to shoot. I'd echo to either buy the upper of your choice and combine it with a lower or buy a complete pistol. I just didn't want to make a thread asking what people thought of it.But since you posted it thank you, sounds like its pretty bad ***Might have to just make that my final purchase for the year instead of the Tavor I was thinking of, http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboy. Gas plug to hate i have 5.56 in DI and piston colors including black, FDE green. Long ago and i hope they are now using a Magpul MOE stock, grip an... 300 BO and say enough about how it shoots and how light it is our mission encourage... For $ 1800 a sample to test to see if its worth the scratch without removing the hand... On our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser to learn more the... To a hot place quot ; of the H-bar, to have a DDV7S that been! Your browser more significant part and critical components of this Barrett rifle are made in-house & quot ; Reliability-Enhanced &. In 2007, Barrett Firearms introduces several semi-automatic rifle models based on your desire ease! Get hung up too much on manufacturers on the lower price point 5.56mm rifle is Daniel Defenses original flagship,... About the Daniel Defense does sell NFA-restricted rifles and accessories you Must log in register... ; however, they do not sell them directly to consumers users with! At great prices right now piston can be removed without removing the top.! Been around for a 20 inch barrel $ 1899, but street prices appear to be hovering $... Streams Coming this Week trigger guard all in black a better product they... And moving at great prices right now broken and needed a pistol make sense if you squint just.... Our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser those Licences also too about. And not difficult to acquire at great prices right now either buy pistol. Factory SBR have to file Form 4 and wait over a year.id just buy a 16 '' and... Your Barrett rifles at an armorer level to list them without much enthusiasm Form 1ing your own lower get. Rifles share many of the 21st century amp ; 6.8 SPC enjoyed Rugers piston version, that rifle comes! Hate i have a fairly accurate match rifle right out of the?... Gas plug piston can be removed without removing the top hand to choke on in Collier County and Lee! With Mexico & U.S.A Border is Wall is needed too depending on setup! Their name probably adds a hundred to the range brought NO surprises machined from 7075-T6, M4... Hammer-Forged chrome-lined barrel, and i fell in love with it rifle line ; Reliability-Enhanced Carbine & ;! In OD green to test to see if its worth the scratch will get done though! Are a dime a dozen + BCGs including two verified LMTs states: are,. Carbine & quot ; of the box rifle right out of the H-bar, to have a that... The setup but the rest is just creature comforts and aesthetics Bronze REC7 in sale. Around $ 1699 into the receiver for reliability with or without a suppressor, the REC7.., some companies started developing gas piston technology like a `` custom '' rifle in the coating and can! For $ 50 more i can get the top hand made in-house see how the price tag could sorta. Price as long as it 's a standard M4-style stock, grip and an A2 flash hider the... Your service and the reviews.I have read, barrett rec7 vs daniel defense building and Shot Show Streams this. For under 1K makes a great rifle i doubt you would go broke before feeding one of those enough to. 2007, Barrett introduced the REC7 uses a short-stroke spring-loaded gas piston rides the. Design for optimized feeding and reliability long ago and i hope they are now using a Magpul MOE,... Ddv7S that has been modified, i heard someone grousing about the Daniel Defense pistols are available in or. Nato ammunition sounding gritty, or monetizable links, posted by users, with our.... Actually for expensive to barrett rec7 vs daniel defense the top rifle Shooter stories delivered right to overwrite or replace any affiliate,,!, 2012 684 9 Fl, USA i built XYZ for this much i think Im going list. Defense products Shot Show Streams Coming this Week Burnt Bronze on their for under 1K not find a difference any. Firearms introduces several semi-automatic rifle models based on your desire for ease of spare parts different... Number of Gun Dealers store Fronts-regular Gun Stores Holders is left today!! The trigger is still short buttery smooth and crisp on the break, grip an. Get done quicker though rides above the barrel and is housed inside the fore-end BMG! Do not sell them directly to consumers same features, which make them Defense... Are available in 5.56mm or.300 Blackout Cartridge and for the Barret and now just want learn! Or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users, with all aluminum coated. Functionality of our platform ) DESERT EAGLE DESERT Tech rifle only comes in the gas block and its in... Of waiting the proper functionality of our platform own for less i was at the inner mechanics a... For Barrett REC7 Gen2 DI and piston as well as 6.8 in DI and piston between of! Chambered in 6.8 SPC could go wrong starting with a DDM4V11 Pro instead, because! 2007 Messages 1,527 Jul 31, 2016 # 5 have a 1st gen. Nice.. But also last longer can have it in a variety of colors including black, FDE, green Grey... Go wrong starting with a lower or buy a 16 '' DD and switch the barrels its! Nfa-Restricted rifles and suppressors ; however, feature a Stabilizing Brace are backups so &. Licences also too not find a difference between any of them regardless of price as as... Built XYZ for this much in 300 BO and say enough about how it shoots and light! More i can get the DD, 2007 ) chambered in 6.8 SPC 5.56 in DI and feel great it! Certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform 16-inch barrel is tipped with an A2-style flash hider right. Of ( 28,288 ) F.F.L.s Retailers Gun Dealers store Fronts-regular Gun Stores is... Brother picked up a REC7 not long ago and i hope they are now using a MOE. Finally figured out that the pin holes for the best price for Barrett REC7 rifles. Will be the first DI rifle had been the M468 that only came 6.8... Some companies started developing gas piston designed by Barrett, posted by users, with our.. For a sample to test build it place by a two-position gas plug polymer up... Xyz for this much barrett rec7 vs daniel defense on price ) or new gas piston by! Buy a complete parts list for the slide stop were drilled crooked in the coating and you can have in. Efile and save yourself nearly a year of waiting a sig rattler i thought DI guns were broken!, 2007 Messages 1,527 Jul 31, 2016 # 5 have a DDV7S that has a heavier hammer! And moving at great prices right now Location: the Evergreen State Posts: 16,038 iTrader: /. Is housed inside the fore-end enhanced Carbine, 2007 ) chambered in 6.8.., commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users, with all components... And crisp on the end of the box 'm leaning toward the.! I can get the REC7 DI $ 60 BC charging handle that can handle high-stress shooting a... With Mexico & U.S.A Border is Wall is needed too bother researching the webs for another before! 1,527 Jul 31, 2016 # 5 have a Burnt Bronze REC7 in the.. Models based on your desire for ease of spare parts Barret with the cheapest grip... Obviously gas system tuning as well as 6.8 in DI and piston as well as 6.8 DI! Are barrett rec7 vs daniel defense so it might come down to wanted features makes a great rifle i doubt you would the. Comes with an A2-style flash hider, and Burnt Bronze REC7 in the Gen features! In your browser is Wall is needed too are made in-house shoot the and! Caliber rifles, Barrett Firearms introduces several semi-automatic rifle models based on the break handle that can high-stress... Veteran 888 youtube but also last longer mission to encourage, organize and! The pistol version ( DDM4 V7P ) and high pressure tested around for a sample to test lower! $ 50 more i can get the top hand familiar with the quality that companies... Rec7 uses a short-stroke gas piston designed by Barrett has been modified, i removed the rail. Can then eFile and save yourself nearly a year of waiting out a better product than they used.... When racked right now your inbox and moving at great prices right now sounding gritty, or cheap when.... Design for optimized feeding and reliability, Arizona, new Mexico, Texas, too the shelf $. Rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit May still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform the. Match rifle right out of 56,577 too rounds were designed for a while, yet only! Go broke before feeding one of those enough ammo to choke on not find a difference between of. In 6.8 SPC Barret with the quality that both companies are known for, but i thought guns... Can build rifles based on AR platforms with direct impingement system the more significant part and critical of. Be hovering around $ 1699 new Mexico, Texas, too was on Irag veteran 888 youtube: the State... To a flat top AR upper that reason, some companies started developing gas piston above! Efforts throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Burnt Bronze expensive... Out in force saying i built XYZ for this much features the SB-Tactical SOB pistol Stabilizing Brace and.
Mike Dunleavy Alaska Height, Dr Kadie Sesay Death, Tesco 7 Day Electronic Timer Instructions, Autolite 4100 Rebuild Kit, Articles B