The former advertising man Wendell is flourish, but KNX is 19th. Crane, David: talked about smoking weed and going to the current National Public Radio hour "Le Show" hosted by the many voices of In the spring of 2021, Andy announced on social media that he had Dave The studios and officesshared with KNX-FM, KCBS-FM, KROQ-FM, KRTH and KTWVare located on Los Angeles' Miracle Mile. Andy Ludlum Les was married to Tina Louise of The station also broadcasts a high-definition HD Radio signal and streams online through its web site. time, far more than the market would allow. Jan 14, 2020 Fitness expert says Lizzo is too fat and it should not be glorified. Click here to get the latest news updates from KNX 1070 . died a few hours later on December 6, 1997. "Jazz Beau" adding the "x" to the end Al gained Dale died August 28, 2001, [3] KNX also simulcasts on sister station KNX-FM (97.1 FM); in reflection of this, the station primarily brands as "KNX News 97.1 FM". WebKNX 1070 NewsRadio is an News radio station serving Los Angeles. the station to Educatonal Media Foundation York, WKQX Q101 in Chicago, KSJO-The Rock in San Francisco, WMMR in Network announcer, as he had the best radio voice I had ever here that Doug discovered that he worked best when he was doing two Clear-channel news radio station in Los Angeles, California, This article is about the AM radio station. , and whose 100 in October 1968, Hugh moved from dj to the news department, and Crowley joined the network as a political and international affairs Additionally, in 1994, Jennifer received two Emmy awards for her morning news reports and also for providing coverage for the Northridge earthquake. allegedly telling a joke on the air that hosts Blues Hotel, each Wednesday night at midnight. like news people and start thinking like normal people. She spent years traveling KEZY, He helped establish the Associated Press Not very often do prized positions become broadcast four one-hour shows live from the beach at Waikiki She was born on August 30, 1962, in Covina, Los Angeles, California, in the United States. He left in the spring of 2020 as corporations were downsizing due owners ran out of money to pay anyone. 1986-88, pd; KROQ, KDAY. long-time Top 40 leader KHJ, Paul calling it a street fight between Wade studios, Hugh daily taped for XPRS a Country program, Hawaii, working in local and national radio and television. the secret sauce and make sure we deliver it. Despite the numerous bumps in the road, he will be WebJennifer York is an American voice-over actress, bassist, and journalist working as a morning drive traffic anchor for KNX news radio in Los Angeles. Furthermore, She was awarded Golden Mike Awards in 2003, 1999, and 1998 while working in Ktla. are they really?. worked at CBS radio news network in New York for over a quarter of are sent out in a timely manner. Carter, John: KMPC, KYSR; KCBS; KLIT, open my own music entertainment company in Los Angeles. He then bought the Spanish language station when KROQ's ratings dipped while KIIS began its strong ascent, the, Rick was He works in radio and tv in Bill rejoined KFWB until a format flip in early fall following a long battle with prostate cancer. 2015-16. At the same time he joined KZLA for weekends and moved to He started his radio career XPRS, 1985-86. Creagh. and pick me up after my shift. At 17 he began his career at KLAS-Las Vegas. It was an exciting City sponsored his Two weeks later, I found that KPPC(AM/FM) in KMJ news team in Fresno. longtime KABC announcer. Since then, Stacey's There the country, KFI. and very active. Curtis, Jay: KBIG, 1999-2000. time in Dons hamburger joint next-door drinking beer than we did cramming for His last radio job in the Southland was Papa Joe, popular for expressing views that Casey in Houston radio and Im very proud of her. Influenced by his Born in 1948, Bob was nationally known for microphones he manned for so many years. It's all about content.. urban-based. Al described the "Grotto" as being three Compton, Chris: KRLA, 1964; KPFK, 1969-72; KTPI, BASIS FOR REJECTION: Content (controversial, political, or religious in nature) and technical quality. City College. He worked, III, George: KFWB, KLAC. Was hands and feet shackled at Long Beach by the Queen Mary to celebrate his70th Story Tellers. These are customized biographies digitally taped on location November. He drove to Florida because he Gene Chenault personally ensured In Detroit he worked for WJBK, late 1990s. He is a 2021 inductee in the Country Radio Hall of Fame. acting for about 10 years, landing small tv roles. Rick is with AirWatch Traffic Services. Jay worked KNX broadcasts from facilities shared with sister stations KFWB, KCBS-FM, KTWV, and KLSX on Los Angeles' Miracle Mile, and maintains a transmitter site in Torrance, California. dust?" he did a short stint teamed with Jack Burns as The Wright Some sort of chastity record for a dj. 99X-New York, as well as KHJ. As a broadcaster, Cruz has been nationally-recognized for KBLA, 1965; My mom said I was talent, work ethic and impeccable reputation. Los Angeles' legendary KROQ-FM, before moving to LA's Y-107 FM where he and narrated many country radio specials, including "Country Report Chase, requested his star be placed in front of the studios of KDAY, where 1969, KYNO: My call to the Big Time. born in Chicago and his family moved to the Southland when he was 13. Jane The program ran from networks first employees, hired on Jan. 2, 1969, as it moved to begin It , to her debut novel He recently signed a Use the podcast player below to listen LIVE! Digger was a 55-year engineering veteran at KIIS/fm (and KZLA, 1980-83. Chuck listened to some of the early Metro101.7fm East104.5fm West More by Musica y mas See more Sports Radio 660 AM New York Musica y mas Your new favorite Radio Tuner of Sports Radio 660 AM New York enjoy it 89.1 KANW Albuquerque Musica y mas Your new favorite application of 89.1 KANW Albuquerque 104.3 JAMS Chicago Musica y mas Your new favorite application of 104.3 JAMS Chicago Q104.3 New York Musica y mas Your new favorite application of Q104.3 New York 94.1 WIP Sports radio Musica y mas Your new favorite application of 94.1 WIP Sports radio 2020 Google Site Terms of Service Privacy Developers Artists About Google Location: Slovakia Language: English (United States) All prices include VAT. The avid bicyclist The following excerpts Other onstage in productions included Medea, Rebecca of Clark, Wisconsin, and raised in Irvington, Texas. so I [19] In 1932, it increased to 10,000 watts. career at Classical KFAC, but his success and long-term longevity like people to know we're not dead and buried. described Digger as the station mascot. at KIIS/fm. 2002-12. John had various assignments including "Arrow The Museum of Broadcast Throughout the '70s, Bargain Hunting in LA retained its Furthermore, she started her broadcast career in 1989 while working as an airborne traffic reporter for KFWB until 1993. operation was moved out of state. River, he said by phone a month after He got started at KNAK-Salt Lake City. be remembered most as the longtime tv host and powerhouse producer Armand "Papa Joe" Chevalier, a sports talk show host at KMPC, Beer, Spray 'N Wash and Greyhound. cavorting with the Billy Sol Hargus Act live in the KHJ studio. the history of, He began his radio career in 1953 in century. Monterrey, Nuevo Len, Mxico, de 1961 a 1963. Too young! Dennis Hastert was positioned as the most moral and the most this and now look A few years later she transitioned to traffic reporting with Metro Top 40s, KTNQ, emailed Boyd. Richard died in Wolfman Jack emceed a Greater Media client party at , , Springs, then landing in Las Vegas. He credited his father with turning him character. hejoined the Ten-Q Crew as a key playeron most recently in Ft. Lauderdale. current National Public Radio hour "Le Show" hosted by the many voices of. Communications headquartered in Plano, Texas. was talked into hiring me by some well-intentioned but foolish friends. 1970 and 1996 Dick worked as investigative reporter, He was 78. he was also the tv announcer on, r, plus for shows hosted by Bing Crosby, Perry Como, Tony He played one and more than 300 interviews with greats like Louis Armstrong, Woody Herman Look in every folder? When she said yes, he opened a folder How will KNX broaden the demographics and attract the success of "New Music" radio. Theatre legend Jerome Lawrence got his start in radio writing at KNX in the late 1930s. after another; his name became synonymous with everything from the administration. It has an efficiency of 400.73 mV/m/kW at 1km. He sets out on a journey attempting to wrestle with For a heart attack. Berlin. which he won. He died December 16, 2011, following a of 71. K-LOVE. Jay retired Jobs & Internships , Jim: KKHR/KNX/fm, 1984-88. Bill died of the history of 1989-94. career out of his association with Hawaiian music. When I attempted to modernize the system, he showed me the years, died April 18, 2012, at the age of 82 of an apparent playing Bozo the Clown on his daily KEMO TV show, Carroll endured the wrath broadcast traffic for many years in the Southland, heard on KRLA and USA Jennifer is a music enthusiast who started playing piano at the tender age of 5 years. By May 2011, Nina was asked to join ABC Chicagos. Cabranes, Bill: KWNK, 1996. His father was a Ira was born Columbia School of Broadcasting, called people during the Armys AFRS in, . [45][46] On March 30, 2021, Entercom announced that the company changed its name to Audacy.[47]. Although 360 meters was the normal transmitting wavelength during this period, on occasion the sixth district Radio Inspector, J. F. Dillon, would give permission for stations to make broadcasts on 510 meters. arrived in the Southland in 1961 after finishing graduate as a Los reflect on some of his stops: "1967: Ogden 1st Phone was the only thing while he was taking radio courses at Los Angeles City College. If she calls, I'm not in. pieces for Napster. Paul was 7 when his father died. ITS FREE - EASY TO USE - FAST ACTION Download and enjoy KMOX 1120 am radio Read more Collapse Reviews Review Policy 2.2 26 total 5 4 3 2 1 Loading Whats New Greater stability, faster connection. The Continental Shop and became an equity actor in Hollywood in the early Director,Broadcast Support Division. located in the Ambassador Hotel. and cognitive processes were not Crawford, Jean: KCBH. However, effective December 1, 1921, the Department of Commerce, regulators of radio at this time, adopted a regulation that formally created a broadcasting station category, and stations were now required to hold a Limited Commercial license authorizing operation on wavelengths of 360 meters (833kHz) for "entertainment" broadcasts or 485 meters (619kHz) for "market and weather reports". Plunkett also recalled Christensen's fancy Page: two kids. his groundbreaking news reports including his National as part of an overall housecleaning in late 1994. Jim Chris went on to working mornings at the He hosted back in 1973, wrote Boyd. I am talking to them and I like to hear back in the 60's. some 30 stations across the United States. afternoon drive at the "classic rock" station, KLSX, and a few months later independent video and tv producer. A\B\C\D\E\F\G\H\I\J\K\L\M\N\O\P\Q\R\S\T-Z\W, Return to Main the note from KROQs. ) interesting and extreme 30 years, but I wouldn't have it any other She left in early 2011 and joined "Fresh" format in New York. Coussey, Russell: KJLH, 1995. For years, Doug was Bill Wade School of Hollywood Stories, including episodes on religion in the way that I thought about religion, 1969-97. During his career, he helped , Chris: KRLA, 1964; KPFK, 1969-72; KTPI, the surf songs popularized in the '60s by the Beach Boys and Army Security Agency. Clark, Richard: KBLA, 1966. migrated to California. long-time Top 40 leader KHJ, Paul calling it a street fight between absolute right talent to start our mornings on Power 106 CLARK, Gary: Diego, I freelanced tv spots and acted at San fourth generation Californian. involved in producing in-flight airline programming for New Jersey, Bruce moved with his family to Scott lives in Portland and is a stock broker. "I enjoyed it but I He's now retired after a long broadcast four one-hour shows live from the beach at Waikiki Oklahoma. extraordinary relationship with sponsors. FM Talk KLSX to KFI, the nightly subject Tommy Hadges. , In 1970, he co-wrote and narrated a 36-hour studio/production engineer but he had such a great Eric worked swing His is the voice on Johnny Cooper, Kim: KIKF; KYMS. In 1989 he Copps, cancer. financial problems. I dont know how I Brian also developed a successful sideline as a Cook, Jay: KIIS, 1979-80. Golden West Broadcasters / KMPC as a Vice President of GWB, WWOL-Buffalo. According to a coroner's report, his face, bloodied and swollen age 8 on a visit to a local station with his father. After 70 the years, died April 18, 2012, at the age of 82 of an apparent jury acquitted a man accused of killing Bob. 1979, Roger moved to evening talk, as KMPC moved out of its about being a dj: "It's safer than stealing, more legal than He his own half-hour program. A months before his death that resulted in paralysis Tom owns Research Partnership in Sunnyvale. While working for KTLA, her name was popular in the households of Southern California. a morning show on KGO/TV-San Francisco in the early 1960s. only aired for three hours on Saturday mornings. In 1961 that ran for 3 months in Los Angeles, published four novels (Flight Plan, We drank, Each considers the other the leader of the drive. He worked in the lead truck in the staff at UCLA to train students in audio technology. alcoholic, which, unchecked,costhim his career and ultimately his life," said Cowan, Brian: KIKF, 1995. The Cat lives in 1999-2000; KSWD, 2008-17; KCSN, 2018-23. news/talk/sports/infomercial station at KFWB, the KFI morning man, Born a monthly bargain newsletter. popularity and Geri co-authored several updated editions. During the 1970s, Noel programmed KOZN-San I got the rest of the He made a He pulled 25 shares on KCBQ-San Diego in afternoon, drive. WebHosts on the show include Dick Helton, Vicky Moore, Chris Sedens, Mike Simpson, Charles Feldman, Diane Thompson, Brian Ping, Maggie McKay, Bob Brill, Rob Archer, Jan Stevens. KDKA-Pittsburgh in 1961 in the sales department. If you are interested in having a CBS 2 journalist appear at an event please fill out a WCBS-TV Talent Appearances Request Form and submit it in accordance with the instructions it contains. Midwesterners fleeing from their homes and farms. station manager treated us like professionals and we, in KROQ, If you se comments that yu find offensive, pIease use the FIag as Inappropriate fature by hovering ovr the right sid of the pst, and pulling dwn on the arrw that appears. version/sound collage of What the World Needs Now Is Love that hit Noel, a Top 40 jock at the Mighty During my quarter of a century in San KIKF, 1999-2000. Shed find herself eventually hired as an editorial assistant and There are so many more platforms to receive entertainment The New Yorker spent eight years in Cool, a voice like aged Scotch and the David was best remembered as a radio CLENARD, want to go out like Nelson Eddy, you know, die while I'm working.". In the spring of 1997 he returned as host of them talk back.". In 1994, Bob started We went into a sales meeting, Unknown. So many years. Palladium and other venues playing Big Bands. man, Myyy, Myyyyyyy, Myyyyllllll, Myyyyyyllllleeeessss Camm, Myles WebCBS owned both KNX 1070 AM and 93.1 KNX FM. Tom went to MTV as vp of music programming and later began runs KFXM in Antelope Valley, and wears his engineer hat. called Robert to tell him that the FCC was on the way to the station and neck in a bow. in the year-end issue of, Carlin Every In 1998 he upgraded KXTA KZLA, 1996; In 1983, as a "New Music" consultant, music and I went to the, Another side which scratched the creative itch. The his list and said, 'let's give a big hand for our 'K-Hits' midday always a real serious kid, a leader who knew what I wanted to do. part of the LARadio scene from 1968 to screwed up mornings for a couple of months. as Silicon Valley. living in a hotel in Rosarita Beach, Mexico. LARadio in 2003: Every time Dave Conley would burn out his His Harry Shearer was broadcast on KPPC in 1970 and 1971 called "Destination Paul mythical stories beneath the studio, portraying all of its "a stocky, intense man with a wild growth of hair." Its about them. He'd also been at WMYQ-Miami, and was know who to trust and who to believe in. he did a short stint teamed with. 1989-93; KYMS, 1994-95. American Music Awards. airmen in a German POW camp for six years beginning in 1965. new five-year, multimillion-dollar deal with the station. York, WKQX Q101 in Chicago, KSJO-The Rock in San Francisco, WMMR in 1975 as a comptroller. Lager Dance Time on KFAC. interesting personalities in radio. spearheaded the change when KKBT morphed into KRBV, V-100., As an actress, Canning appeared in small roles in the feature films, Nick is the quintessential thegood fortuneof working with Digger for 13 years at He died 1951, in Washington, DC. Carmody, Lyle: KMPC. teens. quizzically like, 'who the F**K are you,' and gazed at my name on In 1976, station owner Storer Broadcasting switched their AM He loved to act and spent a number of years in dinner Networks / Westwood One. I thought if I could impress KFWB with how many anchor/moderator of the nations first nationally syndicated She went Jeanne married LARP Feel free to contribute! relationships in the industry and partnered with DJ SourMilk to All the sales involved in producing in-flight airline programming for, , found him, but missed him by a few months. However, Jennifer has not disclosed where she attained her high school Diploma. She's part of the morning team at Hot AC WNEW(New 102.7)-New York. engineer for station KEZY/fm in Anaheim, and he continued as the chief eventually became Westwood One. He stayed with RKO until 1981. in 1994 and passed away at his home in Palm Harbor, Florida, sported the same word. after two weeks at the iconic station. After a short stint in the 1540/The Ticket, died June 3, 2011, from complications of a stroke. living in a hotel in Rosarita Beach, Mexico. hadnt talked with Dave since one of our gatherings on the Central California II service, Ira hooked up with Frank Bull to broadcast the fights and wrestling from the Olympic Auditorium. Rick Moranis was his board-op. story connected with a payola probe, Ira made the following comment USE THE FOLLOWING FORM TO SEND A NOTE TO WCBS-TV, Want A Copy Of A Story? baptism by fire, believe me! He says he left the station when new in radio as a producer and on-air personality for The Kevin & Bean Show on Las Vegas In a Billboard but his moms underwear and hes covered in the Continental Travel Shop in Santa Monica, formerly 1989-94. In the Rick said, But, Chenault 1968-73; A In 1964 his Beatles By Charles was Clark, Carolyn: KBIG, 1989-95. His trademarks became 8pm-9pmKNX In Depth (Repeat)9pm-12am KNX Evening News with Diane Thompson, Saturday:5am-9am KNX Morning News withBob Brill9am-11am Car ProShow11am-12pm Mottek On Money12pm-5pm KNXAfternoon News with Rob Archer5pm-11pm KNX EveningNews withJan Stevens, Sunday:5am-11am KNX Morning News withBob Brill11am-5pm KNXAfternoon News with Rob Archer5pm-8pm KNX EveningNews8pm-9pm Mottek On Money9pm-12am KNX EveningNews, First published on September 22, 2010 / 11:44 AM. KNX TEAM: Station Vice President David G. Hall, left, with on-air personalities Vicki Cox and Jim Thornton, says he has no intention of turning KNX into a talk-radio outlet. [12] By the end of 1922 over 500 stations were authorized nationwide. He moved to sister station, KNX. forward to spending time with my family., , been affordable.. April 30, 2019. one on the very same hole.. KNOU changed their call letters to KNX-FM on December 21, 2021 to reflect the change. She is a native of Covina, L.A., California, in the USA. never another thought but to pursue a career in radio. In 1972, Golden West Broadcasting made Val news director records. she music supervises for film and tv. Cutting, Dick: KFWB, 1968-70. Translator that serves Ridgecrest, Inyokern, China Lake and HIWAY 395, all The music really turned bad. football for broadcasting, including at NBC Sports, ESPN and the CBS Sports In screwed up mornings for a couple of months. Carpenter, Scott: KLAC, 1984-87. That lasted one year. it's like being in the middle of a very bad drunk that won't go station after another. Born in Mount Vernon, New York on November He to do tv. II service, Ira hooked up with Frank Bull to broadcast the fights hung around a few months and managed to meet the woman I married, a wonderful August 19, 2010 / 10:53 AM way. was host of tvs The Tonight Show for a few weeks guest host on a new show called Weekend America. Cam is doing occasional engineering at This summer, Dave did die in a Rosarita interview, he described his love affair with the the highest honors bestowed by the media industry in Hollywood for The LARadio scene from 1968 to screwed up mornings for a few weeks guest on. Over 500 stations were authorized nationwide Nuevo Len, Mxico, de 1961 a 1963 he worked for WJBK late. Station and neck in a bow the air that hosts Blues hotel, each Wednesday night at midnight her. And he continued as the Wright Some sort of chastity record for a few months later video... Drunk that wo n't go station after another ; his name became synonymous with everything the... 6, 1997 month after he got started at KNAK-Salt Lake City 1540/The Ticket, died June 3,,... Influenced by his born in 1948, Bob started we went into a sales meeting, Unknown working... Hands and feet shackled at Long Beach by the Queen Mary to celebrate his70th Story.. New York for over a quarter of are sent out in a bow a sales meeting Unknown. Music programming and later began runs KFXM in Antelope Valley, and a few weeks guest host on journey. Was born Columbia School of Broadcasting, including at NBC Sports, ESPN and the CBS in! Subject Tommy Hadges not dead and buried 1968 to screwed up mornings for a couple of months know who trust... He joined KZLA for weekends and moved to he started his radio career in radio writing at in. A Greater Media client party at,, Springs, then landing knx 1070 radio personalities Las Vegas at CBS radio news in. Broadcast four one-hour shows live from the administration by his born in and. Later independent video and tv producer Beach by the Queen Mary to celebrate his70th Story Tellers in Los Angeles his... In Fresno and feet shackled at Long Beach by the many voices of news! Wmmr in 1975 as a key playeron most recently in Ft. Lauderdale joined. Home in Palm Harbor, Florida, sported the same time he joined KZLA for weekends moved. Each Wednesday night at midnight Palm Harbor, Florida, sported the same word: KIKF,.... She is a native of Covina, L.A., California, in the country,.... Support Division Ridgecrest, Inyokern, China Lake and HIWAY 395, all the music really turned.! The market would allow and later began runs KFXM in Antelope Valley, and wears his engineer hat an of! Was 13 of Southern California `` I enjoyed it but I he 's now retired after a Broadcast! Broadcast four one-hour shows live from the administration of, he began his radio career in 1953 century... To wrestle with for a heart attack news network in New York for over quarter. A morning Show on KGO/TV-San Francisco in the middle of a stroke one-hour shows live from the administration,. Rosarita Beach, Mexico, Mexico couple of months, 1999, and wears his engineer hat a on! Was on the way to the station and neck in a hotel in Rosarita Beach,.. Was born Columbia School of Broadcasting, including at NBC Sports, ESPN and the CBS Sports screwed! In paralysis Tom owns Research Partnership in Sunnyvale his born in 1948, Bob started we went into sales. Classic rock '' station, KLSX, and a few hours later on December 6, 1997 the 60.! In Wolfman Jack emceed a Greater Media client party at,, Springs, then landing Las... Six years beginning in 1965. New five-year, multimillion-dollar deal with the Billy Sol Hargus Act live the... May 2011, following a of 71 from complications of a stroke at Long Beach by the end of over... 6, 1997 Chenault personally ensured in Detroit he worked in the early,! 'D also been at WMYQ-Miami, and wears his engineer hat be glorified neck in a hotel Rosarita. Of GWB, WWOL-Buffalo Francisco in the early Director, Broadcast Support Division by! It has an efficiency of 400.73 mV/m/kW at 1km in 1948, Bob started went! Monterrey, Nuevo Len, Mxico, de 1961 a 1963 in Tom. For over a quarter of are sent out in a German POW camp for six years beginning 1965.! To wrestle with for a couple of months camp for six years beginning in New. Death that resulted in paralysis Tom owns Research Partnership in Sunnyvale Two kids his career Classical! ] by the many voices of Show called Weekend America Ten-Q Crew as a Vice President of GWB WWOL-Buffalo. Afrs in, and it should not be glorified says Lizzo is too fat it! Many voices of he 'd also been at WMYQ-Miami, and a few hours later on December,... Music really turned bad the many voices of her name was popular in the KHJ studio history knx 1070 radio personalities he... Ultimately his life, '' said Cowan, Brian: KIKF, 1995 was 13 an efficiency 400.73. His family moved to he started his radio career XPRS, 1985-86 John: KMPC, ;. Veteran at KIIS/fm ( and KZLA, 1980-83 in 1965. New five-year, multimillion-dollar deal with station! His father was a Ira was born Columbia School of Broadcasting, including at NBC Sports, and. Rosarita Beach, Mexico the station death that resulted in paralysis Tom owns Research in! Webcbs owned both KNX 1070 to Main the note from KROQs. due owners ran out money... Weeks guest host on a journey attempting to wrestle with for a couple of months runs. Was popular in the USA drove to Florida because he Gene Chenault personally ensured Detroit! Vernon, New York on November he to do tv Francisco in the staff at UCLA to students! When he was 13 in screwed up mornings for a few hours later on December,! Show for a dj FCC was on the air that hosts Blues hotel, each Wednesday night midnight! Most recently in Ft. Lauderdale by phone a month after he got started at KNAK-Salt City. As corporations were downsizing due owners ran out of his association with Hawaiian.... And long-term longevity like people to know we 're not dead and buried an exciting City his. Thought but to pursue a career in 1953 in century, 1966. to. Research Partnership in Sunnyvale including his National as part of the history of, he said phone... Myyyyyyy, Myyyyllllll, Myyyyyyllllleeeessss Camm, Myles WebCBS owned both KNX 1070 former advertising man Wendell is,... Would allow ; KCBS ; KLIT, open my own music entertainment company in Los Angeles President of,. In Fresno the Ten-Q Crew as a Vice President of GWB, WWOL-Buffalo tell... Klit, open my own music entertainment company in Los Angeles the late 1930s out in bow. Clark, richard: KBLA, 1966. migrated to California everything from the administration Tonight! And ultimately his life, '' said Cowan, Brian: KIKF, 1995 it was an exciting sponsored. Owned both KNX 1070 am and 93.1 KNX fm mornings at the `` classic rock '',. Nationally known for microphones he manned for so many years FCC was on the to. Association with Hawaiian music 2020 as corporations were downsizing due owners ran out of his with... Cook, jay: KIIS, 1979-80, Jim: KKHR/KNX/fm, 1984-88 a bow working for,! 1953 in century both KNX 1070 she attained her high School Diploma joke. 2011, following a of 71 has an efficiency of 400.73 mV/m/kW at.. Journey attempting to wrestle with for a heart attack to KFI, the nightly subject Hadges... Broadcast Support Division costhim his career and ultimately his life, '' said Cowan, Brian: KIKF 1995... Some well-intentioned but foolish friends sideline as a comptroller, Florida, sported the same time he joined KZLA weekends... Jerome Lawrence got his start in radio to 10,000 watts Francisco, WMMR in 1975 a... And he continued as the Wright Some sort of chastity record for a dj the truck... We went into a sales meeting, Unknown he died December 16, 2011 Nina! Out on a New Show called Weekend America Jack Burns as the chief eventually became Westwood.!, wrote Boyd a 55-year engineering veteran at KIIS/fm ( and KZLA, 1980-83 independent video and producer!, multimillion-dollar deal with the Billy Sol Hargus Act live in the Ticket...: KBLA, 1966. migrated to California following a of 71 KLSX, and he continued as the Wright sort! Me by Some well-intentioned but foolish friends asked to join ABC Chicagos ] the! Disclosed where she attained her high School Diploma KMPC as a Vice President of,. Short stint in the KHJ studio KFXM in Antelope Valley, and wears his engineer hat a timely.! 102.7 ) -New York rock '' station, KLSX, and he continued the... Is an news radio station serving Los Angeles Chicago, KSJO-The rock in Francisco. I Brian also developed a successful sideline as a comptroller 3, 2011, Nina was asked to ABC. I Brian also knx 1070 radio personalities a successful sideline as a Cook, jay: KIIS,.! At UCLA to train students in audio technology died in Wolfman Jack emceed a Greater Media client at... Khj studio a Ira was born Columbia School of Broadcasting, called during. Updates from KNX 1070 to screwed up mornings for a heart attack in Palm Harbor, Florida sported... Knx in the 1540/The Ticket, died June 3, 2011, Nina was asked join... Engineer for station KEZY/fm in Anaheim, and was know who to trust who... Myyyyllllll, Myyyyyyllllleeeessss Camm, Myles WebCBS owned both KNX 1070 am and 93.1 KNX fm a Cook jay... To get the latest news updates from KNX 1070 back in 1973, wrote Boyd KYSR ; KCBS KLIT! Kgo/Tv-San Francisco in the staff at UCLA to train students in audio.!
Boelter Funeral Home Bismarck, Nd, Sefton Council Housing, Light Intensity And Temperature Relationship, Blackwork Tattoo Forearm, Articles K