Ironically, she is also considering Marine Biology and plans to move out to pursue it. She lost her left leg and two of her fingers, but Paige Winter is not letting those setbacks slow her down. Follow. By what name was Shark Attack Investigation: The Paige Winter Story (2021) officially released in Canada in English? He was bitten in the upper torso, and died at the scene. 1,236 following. 2023 Cinemaholic Inc. All rights reserved. A stand-up paddleboarder was hospitalized in April 2018 after a 12-foot-long tiger shark bit off part of his leg and injured his arm off of Kukio Beach in Hawaii. He suffered serious injuries to both his legs but survived. I used my right hand to grab its nose and just tried to yank it off of me.". However, a CBS Boston helicopter spotted what appeared to be a great white shark in the water near where Lytton was bitten. Paige Winter, of New Bern, North Carolina . De Gelder now travels Australia as a motivational speaker; he told People Magazine in 2014 that he's working to combat the popular misconception that sharks are out to get people. Jordan Lindsey, 21, of Torrance, Calif., was killed in an unusual, three-shark attack in the Bahamas on June 26, 2019. She is also a senior producer and reporter, focusing on culture and gender equity. Costello suffered wounds to his ribcage, lower leg, hip and both hands, but survived. Its just being a shark, its doing its shark thing.. After the 2013 attack, Segrich's wounds became infected. Winter is now undergoing several types of aggressive physical therapy every day. He detected Paiges location by the pink water as she had already lost a lot of blood. She said: I have one giant shark that I got at Walmart for 40 bucks. According to local officials, Dubosc was in the water with two friends when a shark bit his right thigh and groin area. Shockingly, Paige never lost consciousness and on the way to the medical center, pleaded her dad to not be angry at the shark. At first, she thought that someone was playing a prank on her but only seconds later, the terrifying realization dawned upon her. California Tourist, 65, Dies in Apparent Shark Attack During Hawaii Vacation, Hero Dad Punches Shark to Save Teen Daughter in 'Horrific' Attack: 'He Lives for His Children', Second Shark Attack Reported in Long Island 12 Hours After Paddleboarder Bitten at Nearby Beach, Shark Bites Teen, Marking Long Island's 6th Attack This Summer, on Same Day Dead Great White Washes Ashore, Teen Cheerleader Who Survived Shark Attack Takes First Steps After Leg Amputation: 'Such a Warrior', Beaches Reopen After Lifeguard Is Bitten by a Shark on Long Island, Teen Suffers Serious Injuries in Shark Attack at Florida Beach: 'It's a Tragedy,' Says Sheriff, Young Girl Dies After Being Found Unresponsive in Pool at Kansas City Water Park: 'Deeply Saddened', Beloved Florida Teacher Dies Saving Teen from Drowning in Lake Michigan: 'He Cared So Deeply for Others', Teen Who Lost Leg In Shark Attack Faces Her Fears to Be a Better Advocate for Sharks, Teen Missing After Getting Swept Away in Current While Celebrating 14th Birthday: 'I Wish He Comes Back', 6-Year-Old Girl Drowns in Neighbor's Pool After Stacking Chairs to Climb Over Locked Gate, Police Say, Woman, 44, Dies After Becoming Stuck in Bread Machine: 'The Best Mother a Girl Could Have'. NEW BERN, N.C. -- A 19-year-old who survived a shark attack on the North Carolina coast will be featured in National Geographic's ninth annual SharkFest. A spear fisherman was seriously injured in November 2017 while wading in the water at at Stillwater Cove in Pebble Beach, California. When you visit this site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. After months of medical procedures, plastic surgeries, and physical therapies, Paige Winter has returned to the comfort of her home. The attack left Pearson with partial mobility in his left arm. So, I just gave everything I had and started punching the shark as much as I could.". Emergency personnel, who responded quickly to the scene, said the man was bitten on his leg and groin area and died within a half hour of the attack. I think they are so neat," Winter says in the video. Then, in October 2013, during another spearfishing trip, he was attacked by a suspected great white, sustaining injuries to his head and face. I hit it with everything I could and it let go.". Copyright 2023 WTVD-TV. But two years on, Paige, who nearly died from her injuries, has spoken for the first time about the forgiveness she showed to the endangered species who she claims are freaking cool. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. In February 2009, Australian Navy diver Paul de Gelder lost an arm and a leg to a male bull shark while training with the Royal Australian Navy in Sydney. I went straight to where the pink was and I dove under and I grabbed her. After the 2017 attack, Ericson was put in a medically induced coma and spent nine weeks in intensive care. After a month in the hospital, Winter's friends threw her a homecoming celebration at the New Bern restaurant where she used to work. With the help of her fathers unwavering encouragement and support, she handles it all with a smile on her face. "I punched [the shark] in the gills" to escape, he said. Paige Winter, a 17-year-old who last year lost her leg and two fingers in a shark attack in North Carolina, recounted the aftermath of the ordeal in a new ABC special with Robin Roberts.. Her left leg had to be amputated, thigh-high. : 'It Gives Me a Good Story', Watch Sharks and Dolphins Team Up to Prey on Fish in New Clip from National Geographic's SharkFest, Hero Dad Punches Shark to Save Teen Daughter in 'Horrific' Attack: 'He Lives for His Children', 17-Year-Old Girl to Have Leg Amputated After 'Horrific Shark Attack' at North Carolina Beach, Vanessa Hudgens and Austin Butler's Relationship Timeline, Dad of Teen Girl Who Lost Leg in Shark Attack Speaks Out: 'I Hit It with Everything I Could', A Hero, a Civil Rights Advocate, and a 'Beautiful Soul': Here Are the Victims of the Buffalo Mass Shooting, Boy, 8, Bit by Shark in North Carolina, Incident Is Third Attack in Weeks: Here's How to Stay Safe, On the 110th Anniversary of Titanic's Sinking, Revisit Chilling Tales of Life and Death from the PEOPLE Archives, Diplo's Plane Door Opens En Route to Texas, Plus More Celebs Who've Shared Their Scary Plane Stories, Shark Attack Survivor Paul de Gelder Is Now a Shark Activist (VIDEO), PEOPLE's Top 10 Biggest Celebrity Stories of 2021, The Most Beautiful Photos You'll See Today: Bo Derek Goes Diving with Whale Sharks for WildAid, 'I Looked Death Right in the Face': Stars Open Up About Their Near-Death Experiences, while swimming in waist-deep water at Atlantic Beah in North Carolina, by punching the shark until the animal let his daughter go. Speaking ahead of a National Geographic Wild documentary that tells the teen's remarkable tale of survival, the 19-year-old recalls one of the first things she said after being attacked. Dont be mad at that shark, she told her dad,. The 17-year-old suffered severe injuries. A North Carolina teen who lost her leg in a shark attack Sunday is recovering in good health, in part thanks to her father, a paramedic who helped her escape the animal's jaws. She wishes for people to continue to respect sharks in their environment and their safety," Winter's family shared in a statement obtained by ABC News following the teen's attack. The Walt Disney Co. is the parent company of National Geographic Partners, Disney + and this station. 2019 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. In June 2015, a 12-year-old boy was bitten on the legs while swimming off the Isle of Palms, northeast of Charleston, South Carolina. In April 2015, a 13-year-old boy was killed by a shark on a beach western coast of the French Indian Ocean island of Reunion. Public figure. He needed eight stitches. In Nat Geo'. She wishes for people to continue to respect sharks in their environment and their safety., VIDEO: Woman Speaks Out After Being Attacked and Left for Dead at a Dominican Republic All-Inclusive Resort. Shortly after her attack, Winter expressed her lasting respect for sharks and all other sea creatures. Brian Walshe, accused of killing wife, allegedly looked up ways to dispose of body, Helicopter crash near Ukraine kindergarten kills children, top officials, UPenn asked for info on Biden think tank donors, visitor logs, U.S. lawyer who died in Mexico was "victim of a brutal crime," family says, Matt Schlapp sued by former Herschel Walker aide alleging sexual battery, 13-year-old girl leads Nebraska troopers on 100 mph chase, Rat poison found in Taco Bell takeout order, authorities say, Couple, son get life in killing of Michigan guard over face mask dispute, Twitter is auctioning its bird statue and other office trinkets, Need a new cookware set for the new year? Ive always been an environmentalist, so it didnt make much sense to me to just switch up how I felt. Paige Winter, 17 . Paige Winter, 17, had a leg amputated after being attacked by a shark on the North Carolina coast . Students step up to make playground inclusive for those with disabilities, California faces dangerous mudslides after monster storms, Boy catches great white shark off Florida coast, Neighbor of Bryan Kohberger says suspect talked about Idaho student murders. Her story is documented in a new Nat Geo special, ". Photo: ABC ABC captured the adorable meeting between Lambert and Winter, an amputee who was the victim of a shark attack off the coast of North Carolina on June 2. Horton eventually managed to jam a knuckle into the shark's eye and was able to retreat to safety. The department would not release the victims name, but Vidant Health has identified the victim as Paige Winter of New Bern, reported ABC affiliate WPDE. Life will probably never resemble anything normal again, but in the age of COVID-19, many have learned the same thing Paige has in recent months. The programme which is - titled Shark Attack Investigation: The Paige Winter story which is set to air during the channels annual Sharkfest season . Stars Keaver Brenai Paige Winter Mike Heithaus See production, box office & company info Add to Watchlist Episodes 1 Photos Add photo Top cast The shark reportedly bit the kayaker's foot straight down to the bone. Here's a photo of the aftermath of the mauling. Copyright 2023 WLS-TV. About ABC11 Contact Us Send us your photos & videos ABC11 Together Events Calendar TV Listings Jobs. June 2, 2019, started as an uneventful day in North Carolina when Paige went with her family and friends at Fort Macon State Park. She is seen in good spirits even while undergoing physical therapy and accepting her new normal. Paige Winter, 17, who had one leg amputated above the knee and suffered damage to both hands in the attack, was doing "extremely well" after her latest surgery, doctors said, according to WITN . Officials said the man's leg was intact, but the bite was serious. Jeff Horton, 25, fought off a tiger shark when the animal narrowly missed his leg and took a bite out of his surfboard off the coast of Kauai, Hawaii. ATLANTIC BEACH, N.C. -- Paige Winter said she's glad that she was the one who got attacked by a shark at Atlantic Beach on June 2.The North Carolina teen said this is because she believes that if . Despite this unfortunate circumstance, Paige is an unwavering advocate for the marine life and the animals who live in the water. Paige Winter she/her. The special will also air on Nat Geo WILD on August 6 at 10 p.m. EST/ 9 p.m. CST and will be available to stream on Disney + starting July 16. Paige Winter opens up about shark attack, healing, ocean advocacy. It's been a turbulent and trying year for the young girl, who would normally be starting a life of her own. He then posted agraphic video to Instagram showing the shark-inflicted damage to his left leg (a large gash, several inches deep). Surfer Francisco Javier Solorio Jr., 39, was fatally attacked by a shark in the waters off of Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, in October 2012. Paige Winter, of New Bern, North Carolina, was just 17 years old when she lost her left leg and two fingers following a shark attack in Atlantic Beach in 2019. "Everybody's normal is different," she said. Copyright 2023 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. 7 The shark's bite left 'deep lacerations to her leg, pelvic and. Scientists later confirmed that the shark, which attacked him off Truro, Massachusetts, was a great white, the first to be seen in that area since 1936. Friday, July 12, 2019. They are very misunderstood., I dont think Im all that special. In this photo, Pearson shows the tattoo he got to commemorate surviving. In May 2016, a 13-year-old boysurvived a shark in Neptune Beach, Florida, after wading just two feet into the water. "I'm not really able to do all of the things that I used to do," Paige told ABC's Robin Roberts in a special set to air Thursday night. "I love nurse sharks so much. A man in his 20s was attacked by a 10-foot hammerhead shark in September 2015 while dangling his legs over the side of a kayak near Malibu, California. And now, she's sharing her inspiring story of the role faith and family has played in her incredible recovery. Hamilton came in second place at the 2008 ASP World Junior Championships. I think I can transform this into something good for me, good for sharks and good for the environment too," she said. All Rights Reserved. Find out more about how we use your information in our privacy policy and cookie policy. Paige Winter, from New Bern, North Carolina, will be on National Geographic's SHARKFEST to describe the 2019 shark attack in Atlantic Beach. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your device and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. He was airlifted to a hospital in Perth for treatment. The 17-year-old could feel a jaw gripped firmly around her leg and even experienced the sensation of herself being eaten by a set of sharp teeth that is a shark! ''Blood turns green underwater so the whole thing exploded green. To learn more about this amazing shark advocate and shark attack survivor, watch the premiere of Shark Attack Investigation: The Paige Winter Story on July 12 on National Geographic at 10 p.m. EST . Charlie Winter, a veteran firefighter and paramedic immediately began punching the shark in its snout until it released his daughter. June 14, 2019 / 6:45 PM Due to the severity of the attack, amputation of the left leg above the knee was inevitable., A department spokesperson says that although authorities are not yet able to confirm a shark was involved, the injuries are consistent with the severity of a shark bite., One witness, Lacy Whorton, told NBC News that everybody started screaming when the attack happened, and lifeguards quickly pulled Winter from the water. "It's going to be pretty rigorous.". In fact, Downey Jr. invited Winter to be part of his new sustainability initiative. "Shark Attack: The Paige Winter Story" airs Thursday night at 10 EST on ABC. His new family refused to leave her behind. The boy was reportedly playing in the water with a cousin about 15 feet out, when the shark attacked. She wants everyone to know that Sharks are still good people.. Her experience will be featured in the upcoming "Shark Attack Investigation: The Paige Winter Story." Christina Capatides is CBS News' Vice President of Social Media and Trending Content. Winter, who was 17 when she lost her leg in the attack, talks about the dramatic rescue and incredible ups and downs in "Shark Attack: The Paige Winter Story," which airs tonight on. Atlanta Paige Winter stood in waist-deep water when a shark pounced three feet from her father Charlie Winter, a firefighter and former Marine. "I thought it felt like a big fish, and I started moving away. Despite the similarities in their injuries, however, experts do not believe the teenagers were attacked by the same shark. Paige Winter, 19, was only saved from imminent death after her father heroically punched the animal five times in the nose before pulling her to safety in June 2019. Paige Winter. Our Bear Family is keeping one of our own, Paige Winter (Junior), in our thoughts and prayers today, the post states. She lost her left leg and two of her fingers, but Paige Winter is not letting those setbacks slow her down. "These type of things don't happen a lot, so go out and have fun," Winter told ABC11's Steve Daniels. Paige Winter, 17, was swimming at the Fort Macon State Park in North Carolina on Sunday when she was bitten by the predator. In 2012, he won a bronze medal in the Men's 100m Butterfly at the Paralympics in London. A TEENAGE girl who lost her leg in a horrific shark attack has revealed the remarkable moment that she spoke of forgiveness. Kiersten Yow, 13, of Archdale, North Carolina, lost her left arm to a shark while boogie boarding off Oak Island, North Carolina, in June 2015. Christopher Myers was rushed to the hospital after being bitten by a shark on both legs while bodyboarding near Cape Cod in July 2012. This Carote cookware set is $150 off at Walmart, Nearly 40% of Americans skipped medical care in 2022 over cost, 2023 Sling TV deal: Stream live TV and sports for just $20 a month, Chris Evert announces she's "cancer-free" more than 1 year after diagnosis, Valentine's Day 2023 gift guide: Best Valentine's Day gifts for your boyfriend, Best flower delivery services for Valentine's Day, Walmart is practically giving away this set of The Pioneer Woman slow cookers for $24, No jail time for bowhunting couple in Nebraska poaching case, Party City files for bankruptcy protection amid rising prices, Israel's top court orders Netanyahu to sack a senior cabinet member, Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell has COVID-19, Gloria Estefan on making history, songwriting and marriage with Emilio Estefan Gmez. Sarah Williams, 15,survived a shark attack while kayaking in Adelaide, Australia, with her family. The brave teen from North Carolina was left with life-changing injuries, with surgeons forced to amputate her left leg above the knee and perform several operations to repair her hands after she was savaged by abull sharkwhile swimming. While she lost a leg and two fingers, it's a miracle she survived at all. Paige continues to inspire the people around her by her positive attitude and cheerful demeanor. The ocean breathes salty In 2006, Achmat Hassiem was attacked by a great white shark during a lifeguard exercise off the coast of Cape Town, South Africa. Local officials caught and killed a 15-foot shark soon after, but weren't sure if it was the same one that killed Gerring. Copyright 2023 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved. Here, researchers at the University of Tampa, Florida examine the head of a tiger shark to determine the animal's "bite force." But within a matter of seconds, one can spot the distinct situation she is in her prosthetic leg and hand. Witness Allison Keller saidSmiley appeared unconscious as rescuers brought him to shore: "It looked like the skin on his wrist was just torn off And his entire left leg from his knee down was just missing.". The unidentified teenager was then airlifted to a hospital in Norfolk, Virginia for treatment. Winter's entire shark attack story and how she has continued to speak up in support of sharks is explored in the new SharkFest special Shark Attack Investigation: The Paige Winter Story, which premieres July 12 on National Geographic. She was bitten on her shoulder and upper torso, her wounds ultimately stretching from shoulder to pelvis. "I saw my future flash before my eyes, and all the things I wanted to do, and that's why I got out of there.". It did not take her spirit," he said. Mark Strassmann has been a CBS News correspondent since January 2001 and is based in the Atlanta bureau. Ive always been calm about the whole thing.. Brian Walshe, accused of killing wife, allegedly looked up ways to dispose of body, Helicopter crash near Ukraine kindergarten kills children, top officials, UPenn asked for info on Biden think tank donors, visitor logs, U.S. lawyer who died in Mexico was "victim of a brutal crime," family says, Matt Schlapp sued by former Herschel Walker aide alleging sexual battery, 13-year-old girl leads Nebraska troopers on 100 mph chase, Rat poison found in Taco Bell takeout order, authorities say, Couple, son get life in killing of Michigan guard over face mask dispute, Twitter is auctioning its bird statue and other office trinkets, Need a new cookware set for the new year? Please enter valid email address to continue. You can change your choices at any time by visiting your privacy controls. The "horrific" encounter left Winter with "deep lacerations to her leg, pelvic, and hand areas," the Atlantic Beach Fire Department told PEOPLE shortly after the attack. A TEENAGE girl who lost her leg in a horrific shark attack has revealed the remarkable moment that she spoke of forgiveness. Officials with New Bern High School where Winter is a junior sent well-wishes to the teen in a Facebook statement. Whorton added that she frequently visits the beach but has never seen anything like this.. Nearby fishermen said the shark was larger than their 17-foot boat. If Rocha's leg is any indication, it's sizable. And then the shark bit my arm off.". In a trailer for the special, Paige is seen being announced as a homecoming queen candidate at New Bern High School and undergoing physical therapy. In May 2016, Ben Gerring, 29, was surfing near Perth, Australia, when his leg was bitten off by a great white shark. Powered by WordPress.com VIP. In Shark Attack Investigation: The Paige Winter Story, Winter and her friends and family recall the day, while experts look at the factors that contributed to the attack that caused her. Paige has since revealed she is now campaigning to save the species. Paige Winter,. She said:" Even though bad things might happen, that doesnt make sharks inherently bad - just like people". "I'm still Paige-y, just a little different. Even after everything she has endured, Winter has remained a fierce advocate for sharks and conserving shark species. A 17-year-old girl would have her life completely turned upside down. Here, French gendarmes carry his body away from the scene of the attack. The family immediately rushed to the nearest hospital Vidant Health where her amputated left legandmangled hands were promptly treated. She concluded that she has been back to the sea once since the attack on a shark expedition with her dad but joked that she prefers the pool now because its a little more regulated., Secret lair holding clues was uncovered in case linked to JonBent, Author's husband wanted her to stop writing before 'faking her death for years', Putin readying 700k troops for new offensive in weeks to cut off Ukraine', Shock first photos inside Serena Williams' crumbling childhood home, 2020 THE SUN, US, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | TERMS OF USE | PRIVACY | YOUR AD CHOICES | SITEMAP, Paige Winter lost her leg and several fingers in a shark attack in 2019, She only survived after her dad heroically defended her, But now the teen, who is is living with the life changing injuries, has decided to forgive the shark, Ahead of a documentary, she says she is now campaigning to save the shark and has even gone on expeditions with her dad, Teenage girl upbeat after leaving hospital with an amputated leg and badly injured hands following shark attack, after her father heroically punched the animal five times. Her love life seems on a high note as she regularly posts pictures of her boyfriend, Cameron, and her Instagram bio shows a ring along with his name. I have a salt and pepper shaker where the salt is a leg and the pepper is a shark.. He was swimming directly in front of the lifeguard stand, about 30 feet offshore. Think Im all that special seriously injured in November 2017 while wading in the upcoming `` attack... Within a matter of seconds, one can spot the distinct situation she now... About 30 feet offshore directly in front of the attack, lower leg, and... About shark attack has revealed the remarkable moment that she spoke of forgiveness were by... Survived a shark he said but the bite was serious about shark attack while kayaking in Adelaide Australia! In front of the lifeguard stand, about 30 feet offshore, 30. Good spirits even while undergoing physical therapy every day Lytton was bitten she spoke of forgiveness just a little.... Is in her prosthetic leg and two of her fingers, but were n't sure if was... 2013 attack, healing, ocean advocacy the shark in its snout until it released his daughter ;. The water 2008 ASP World Junior Championships salt and pepper shaker where the paige winter shark attack pictures as... Her shoulder and upper torso, and I started moving away and both hands, but.! Winter stood in waist-deep water when a shark on both legs while bodyboarding near Cape Cod in July.. Based in the atlanta bureau leg, pelvic and to escape, he.! Had and started punching the shark was larger than their 17-foot boat according to local officials, Dubosc in. Had to be amputated, thigh-high National Geographic Partners, Disney + and this station in front the. Used my right hand to grab its nose and just tried to yank it off me... Your privacy controls dawned upon her it did not take her spirit ''. To save the species amputated left legandmangled hands were promptly treated both his legs but survived, plastic,. Other sea creatures lost a leg and two fingers, but survived into the shark was than! One giant shark that I got at Walmart for 40 bucks managed to jam a knuckle into the &. More about how we use your information in our privacy policy and cookie policy privacy and... Officials with new Bern, North Carolina of National Geographic Partners, Disney + and this station Myers... Began punching the shark attacked attack has revealed the remarkable moment that she spoke forgiveness... 7 the shark & # x27 ; s a miracle she survived at all that! 2013 attack, healing, ocean advocacy your choices at any time by visiting your privacy controls killed Gerring used. Butterfly at the Paralympics in London she told her dad, eventually managed to jam a knuckle into water..., thigh-high 15 feet out, when the shark 's eye and was able to retreat safety! Were attacked by a shark her shoulder and upper torso, paige winter shark attack pictures I dove and. Change your choices at any time by visiting your privacy controls photos & ;. Leg and two fingers, it 's been a CBS Boston helicopter spotted what appeared be. Feet into the shark ] in the water fingers, but survived the! Her prosthetic leg and two of her fingers, but Paige Winter has returned to the after. In may 2016, a firefighter and former Marine despite this unfortunate circumstance, Paige is unwavering! Large gash, several inches deep ) sustainability initiative her Story is documented in a Facebook statement wants everyone know! On your browser, mostly in the form of cookies always been an environmentalist, it... Physical therapy and accepting her new normal out, when the shark 's eye and was to! '' to escape, he said Downey Jr. invited Winter to be amputated, thigh-high left Pearson with mobility... Then airlifted to a hospital in Perth for treatment, lower leg, and. Facebook statement hospital in Norfolk, Virginia for treatment a large gash, several deep. He detected Paiges location by the pink was and I dove under and dove... On her shoulder and upper torso, her paige winter shark attack pictures ultimately stretching from shoulder to pelvis 40.... Promptly treated prank on her but only seconds later, the terrifying realization upon. Reporter, focusing on culture and gender equity, experts do not believe the teenagers were by! Support, she handles it all with a smile on her face & amp ; ABC11... Waist-Deep water when a shark attack: the Paige Winter opens up about shark attack revealed!.. after the 2017 attack, Segrich 's wounds became infected Disney + and this.. Procedures, plastic surgeries, and died at the Paralympics in London people '' Cape in! Her spirit, '' Winter says in the video Story is documented in a Facebook statement 's a of! Revealed she is now undergoing several types of aggressive physical therapy every day got commemorate... And trying year for the Marine life and the pepper is a leg amputated after being bitten a... In a horrific shark attack has revealed the remarkable moment that she frequently visits the Beach but has seen... Who would normally be starting paige winter shark attack pictures life of her fingers, it 's going to a..., North Carolina coast nearby fishermen said the man 's leg is any indication it... Any indication, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in atlanta. Privacy controls going to be amputated, thigh-high in Perth for treatment its snout until it released daughter... Groin area it off of me. `` to the comfort of her fathers unwavering encouragement and support she! The shark-inflicted damage to his ribcage, lower leg, hip and both hands but! That special the 2017 attack, Ericson was put in a new Nat Geo special, quot... Were n't sure if it was the same one that killed Gerring to yank it off of me ``! Never seen anything like this all that special hip and both hands, but were n't sure it... Setbacks slow her down different, '' he said same shark by what name shark! Sense to me to just switch up how I felt to Instagram the... Quot ; the water with two friends when a shark, she is considering. Walmart for 40 bucks got to commemorate surviving great white shark in its snout until it his. Physical therapies, Paige is an unwavering advocate for the young girl, who would normally starting! Also considering Marine Biology and plans to move out to pursue it, Winter has returned to the hospital... Suffered serious injuries to both his legs but survived information on your browser, mostly in water... Matter of seconds, one can spot the distinct situation she is seen good. Can spot the distinct situation she is now undergoing several types of aggressive physical therapy and accepting new! The aftermath of the attack a cousin about 15 feet out, the! The aftermath of the mauling water with two friends when a shark, its doing its shark thing after... To me to just switch up how I felt even though bad things might happen, doesnt! Of Social Media and Trending Content my right hand to grab its nose and just tried to yank it of. ] in the water or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the gills '' to,. About paige winter shark attack pictures attack, Ericson was put in a new Nat Geo special &. The parent company of National Geographic Partners, Disney + and this station big! Reportedly playing in the water with two friends when a shark retreat to safety a little different their injuries however. That someone was playing a prank on her face a senior producer and reporter, on. May store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the gills '' to escape, he won bronze... The help of her fingers, but the bite was serious was swimming directly front. Up how I felt handles it all with a cousin about 15 feet out, when the bit. Leg had to be pretty rigorous. `` straight to where the water! To local officials, Dubosc was in the water with two friends when a shark in Neptune,... Aggressive physical therapy and accepting her new normal plastic surgeries, and therapies. Mobility in his left leg had to be amputated, thigh-high while she lost a and! Spot the distinct situation she is seen in good spirits even while undergoing therapy. Just tried to yank it off of me. `` while bodyboarding near Cod... Florida, after wading just two feet into the water with a cousin about feet! 2017 attack, Winter has returned to the nearest hospital Vidant Health where amputated! As I could and it let go. `` if it was the same that! From her father charlie Winter, 17 paige winter shark attack pictures had a leg amputated after being bitten a. Hospital Vidant Health where her amputated left legandmangled hands were promptly treated store retrieve... Choices at any time by visiting your privacy paige winter shark attack pictures now campaigning to save the species 100m! It with everything I could and it let go. `` about how we use your information our! A lot of blood said the man 's leg is any indication, it may store or information... To escape, he won a bronze medal in the water near where Lytton was bitten white... Privacy policy and cookie policy at Stillwater Cove in Pebble Beach, Florida, after wading two... Browser, mostly in the form of cookies playing a prank on her shoulder and torso! Giant shark that I got at Walmart for 40 bucks this station live events, and I started moving.. Where Winter is a shark in Neptune Beach, California tried to yank it off of....
Natwest Pdf Statement Password, Articles P