In the not-too-distant future, seeing a SeaPiper cruise by could be a common Pacific Northwest sight. The same can be said for sufficient interior storage space for supplies. There, I use an electric drill inserted in the winch to haul up the dinghy and attached motor. 6 months from placing order to delivery. Sounds like the Gyro is a must and something good to mount instruments on. Delaware She is economical to own and operate, needs very little in maintenance and has a largefuel capacity and long range. Forward and rearward facing sliding doors on a bluewater boat ? Its no surprise really, since oftentimes, thats when they become affordable for most of us. Only the cost of the 20+ year old boats came close to what I would spend, but they still did not meet my needs. Hawaii The original idea was to manufacture the boat in San Diego, but that idea didnt last long because of prohibitive cost. Contact us if you are interested in technical or pricing information for our SeaPiper 35. To counter this, attention must be given to the batteries and their charging means. For us it was the forward section of the dinette table plus the area referred to as the navigation station. Looks interesting - not traditional downeast, but a west coast trawler. This was a great deal for the buyer of Hull #1 and will not be available on subsequent deliveries. He has worked as a commercial fisherman, wandered aimlessly around the world, studied oil spills, and was a contestant on the Norwegian reality TV show "Alt for Norge.". We made some refinements to the steering resulting in a nice improvement in her handling. Arizona I have been corresponding with the company president Ritzo Muntinga for the past year . On long passages there inevitably develops an exhaust mustache at each of the exhaust outlets on the hull. Even if one added a $30k stabilizer that boat would not fare well in my neck of the woods. There are a lot of detailed interior and below deck photos. Seapiper 35 - Page 5 - Trawler Forum Notices The brand new Trawler Forum Burgee is now available for order. Note that at around 00:50 in the video. The antenna itself is a phased array system which in itself optimizes the received signal. In the end we have a nice and dry locker. As the New Year approaches, so too do new yachts! by BradB last updated 11 months ago 30 Replies Davit System installed on #9 by Nine last updated 1 year ago 3 Replies Designed with barebones systems to be easily maintained, the model looks like a Pacific Northwest crabbing trawler and has some no nonsense features that DIY boaters will love. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Sign up for our monthly eNewsletter. Nice advertisement. The superstructure, which used to be built in five individual pieces is now being built as a single piece that is structurally better and saves weight. Also I learned again that being plugged into shore power here in Florida during lightning season is not a good idea. Illinois I'm fine with the configuration. The fuel/water separators (one for each wing tank) are located outboard for easy servicing, and both raw water strainers are located to port directly above both intake seacocks which makes clearing a blocked raw water intake simple. 10 under construction right now, somewhere south of the Gobi Desert in China! boats.com, 1221 Brickell Avenue, 23rd Floor, Miami, FL 33131, USA. Toward this end, I added a Poynting Omni 400, a high performance LTE antenna to my mast, connected to a Surecall Fusion 2GO-3 cell phone signal booster. What about electrical? Adjectives like practical, versatile, seaworthy, low-maintenance, and economical are often used to describe the stout-looking SeaPiper 35 thats clearly made for long distance cruising. Or, they are a tad incomplete, leaving it to the buyer, and the first cost is by no means the last. SeaPiper states that they are building the first five hulls (which are already sold), have hulls 6 through 10 spoken for, and are taking more requests now. It makes a nice seat with a back rest while facing forward. While this is on the conservative side for a 35' yacht, the manufacturer touts a cruising speed of 7 to 9 knots, with a top speed of around 10 knots. The overall, now proven interior/exterior and hull design have not changed of course, but any tweaks that we felt would benefit owners we incorporated in this new tooling. Even without them though, this is the only new trawler that has my attention as a potential replacement for the troll down the road. My concern was, since the hull is relatively narrow, there would be a natural tendency to roll even though all design attempts were made to the contrary. Weve already started to plan production sequences, set up assembly space on our shopfloor, and line up vendors to begin supplying materials, fittings, and equipment even before the tooling coming from China arrives here in Painesville.. Arkansas This, plus the Seakeeper, the electronics, the auto pilot, refrigeration and the rest of the electronics plus miscellaneous electrical equipment adds up to a significant electrical load. Here are some of the additional revisions: the transom doors now open the full 180 degrees interior cushion design and layout have been improved revised placement of the intake seacocks with shorter hose runs revised stainless rolling hardware for the sliding doors and interior handles added drainage of the hatches has been changed a cleaner layout in the engine room. It was a different looking boat resembling a North Sea Trawler with a fore cabin for sleeping and center cockpit followed by Pilot house with a helm, dinette and galley. I opened Gerr's book to Chapter 4 where he discusses Sea Bright Skiff design and sure enough the SeaPiper 35 looked an awful lot like a modern incarnation of this classic design. Wisconsin Some notes on this bimini/dodger structure: We launched another two SeaPipers recently and below are some images of the interior and of one of the boats on the water. The Freedom tm Seapiper 35 will remain mission-focused on delivering maximum value and utility in a rugged, compact, trailerable trawler-yacht package that will embody more than 60 years of proven American craftsmanship and quality. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This alternator has a high output which is more than I will need but it is better to run an alternator below rating for reliability reasons. Our home base at that time was Westport, Connecticut; but upon our return, the furthest north we got was Marco Island, Florida. Beam looks a little narrower than some others - wondering if anyone knows about it's sea keeping abilties. Oklahoma That being said, you can still have a well optioned new boat for less than $200K. Ritzo Muntinga with the use of modern computer modeling and modern hull advances optimized the most salient features of the Sea Bright skiff making, in effect, the 21st century version of the very popular Sea Bright hull. Vibration hardly noticeable; sound I think is quite low but that is subjective. Yachts many times the cost of SeaPiper are often not this well documented. I think they are pretty neat and want one haha! Here is a LINK to the SeaPiper Specification which includes the latest information on the new design features and some key dimensions. When you use the boat for an extended period you find there are spaces you occupy at night that needs improved lighting. Power comes courtesy of a single straight-shaft 370 HP Volvo D6 diesel inboard, and a 7.5 kW genset is optional. To this end I added lights with self contained alarms which signal when a pump is running. This device and the dodger/bimini are probably the most important additions I made to the boat. "I know it's contrary to the spirit of the boat, but do you know if Air Conditioning can be added?". The solar system I chose was meant to take care of the electrical needs when at anchor: lighting, refrigeration and other miscellaneous electrical demands. SeaPiper 35 - with stabilizer on and off 11,586 views Sep 11, 2019 Here you can see the difference between having the Seakeeper stabilizer on and off. Quebec Since the bottom of the engine can nestle down into the top of the skeg box, Sea Bright skiffs are one of the few relatively light boats that can fit engines low enough to have virtually no shaft angle (that is , their propeller is parallel to the waterline). Luckily there is an abundant amount of air movement in the cabin as well as an abundant amount of light, so the opening overhead hatch is not missed. Prince Edward Island These pictures were taken during the final construction phase, before the cushions and various covers were installed. Pennsylvania The water removal capacity of this design is similar to our previous multi-port scuppers but now we have a one-way valve incorporated that will keep wave action out of the cockpit completely. It seems that the people behind the SeaPiper 35 are building a semi-custom production boat. Posts: 113. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. At the top of the curtain I have a retractable frame which one could extend out into the exterior of the shower stall, this provides you more shoulder room in the shower. The air draft is 16 ft. Not only does this harken back to traditional seamanship-focused designs, which should make for excellent handling, but the narrow beam also makes the SeaPiper 35 trailerable. Queensland That is, you only use it when you take a shower. Brad, you will find the SeaPiper is very well designed. 10 under construction right now, somewhere south of the Gobi Desert in China! Another commonsense feature not seen on most new boats these days is the flat bottom section of the hull to allow easy gunkholing. We have completed SeaPiper #4 and #5 and they are now underway to their new owners. This is fine, however when the battery is charged typically there will be no or little field voltage and therefore no tachometer readings. In addition it was important to have a boat that was seaworthy, that could be taken off shore and that would behave in a respectable manner in a seaway. We are now at the point where our production rate is greatly increased and we can offer SeaPiper builds with much shorter lead times. A remote for the windlass and the bow thruster is from Vetus. We located the second panel on the top of the pilot house immediately behind the original one. This required more attention. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. The middle hang out area is nice and looks like you could put a picnic table midship and have a great hang out spot. Solid extra-thick laminate FRP hull for safety and strength with FRP deck and superstructure. I bought into the problem of speed: after all, I have spent 50 years happy to be able to go at six knots, exceedingly happy at seven knots, even ecstatic at eight knots and scared sh****ss at 10 knots. I need more beam! Naval architect Dave Gerr gives us some insight into why the design was so popular in his book The Nature of Boats the hulls were light and strong and their bottoms dead flat athwartships for as much as a third of their beam this sets it apart from other boats, is its hollow box garboard or skeg..Another plus of these box skegs is that they create plenty of additional volume down low on the centerline of the hull aft. Nice write up on your blog. I also added a state of the art external regulator made by Wakespeed a WS500. 2018 SeaPiper 35 refers to classes: trawlers. The stock antenna is a rectangular flat dish on a tripod. I have created a blog outlining what I have done to the boat to make it a comfortable cruiser. I would have no use for the boat in my waters either People traveled by canoe from S.E. TOP COVER: can be made of a material called Stamoid, pulled tight over the outer rim of the frame. California To deal with not getting everything in the head wet when you shower I installed a shower curtain that encloses 360 degrees of the shower area; which is good but it is too small. With a length of 35ft and a substantial design displacement SeaPiper will allow you to comfortably and safely cruise. As far as performance is concerned, the SeaPiper 35 is powered by a single Beta 85-horsepower engine as standard. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. These are amazing and worth their weight in gold. I decided this is the type of insurance that was needed on our new Seapiper. Thank you, IB. But in the interim we were able to take trips to the Keys as well as the west coast of Florida. You can find the details of his SeaPiper named Kiwi on www.mvkiwi.comSome pictures of Kiwis bimini/dodger: New SeaPiper Bimini Frame Option:With input from Kiwis owner, we designed a bimini frame along the same lines, incorporating some tweaks based on bimini inquiries we received. You can also choose to simply screen in the sides and front. As with everything, there is always a downside: the open cockpit lacks protection when one has to visit the fore cabin for whatever reason, mainly going to the head. JavaScript is disabled. In the bottom of the shower curtain I added weights which keeps the shower curtain in the shower stall. https://www.boats.com/reviews/seapiper-35-review/, SEA Magazine - SeaPiper 35 review.compressed.pdf, 2018 35' SEAPIPER 35 Trawler Yacht SOLD in Dana Point California, https://www.morganscloud.com/2016/05l-geezer-boat/. To moderate that I found that a vinyl coupler that is used for vinyl spiral hose fits nicely in the exhaust outlet. The Seakeeper 2 unit installed in our SeaPiper 35 offers minimum 80% roll reduction up to 18 degrees of heel (which is quite a bit). I mounted one over the aft end of the navigation surface and the other over the aft end of the dinette. Oh its also made in China and only sold manufacture direct. We made similar improvements in the interior: fewer individual components that save on weight and assembly time. Everything You Need to Know, United Yacht Sales - Florida, St. Petersburg Area, Used Power boats in United States of America, 2018 SeaPiper 35 in United States of America. After a five month cruise from Naples through the Chesapeake, spending a significant amount of time at anchor, we realized that 400 watts of solar panel is marginal if one wants to stay off the grid or not want to start the engine. But if youre looking for a distance cruiser that is affordable right out of the box, put the new SeaPiper 35 on your short list.Designed by Ritzo Muntinga, SeaPiper is a long distance trawler thats built in China. Check here for details! According to Ritzo Muntinga, Seapipers designer and original creator, the move back to the U.S. is being occasioned by increased transoceanic transport costs and world supply-chain constrictions being experienced in the wake of the COVID pandemic. Nevada It was designed by an incredibly talented young engineer from the Netherlands, Ritzo Muntinga, now native to San Diego. The first SeaPiper 35 has been delivered and the company has started to update the computer renderings on their website with photos of the actual boat. We have revised the boats compartment layout from six watertight compartments to five while retaining the inherent safety that these watertight compartments offer. There seems to be a lot of discussions about the Seapiper 35. What I would like to do is share with you what we did to make the Seapiper a comfortable safe cruiser. Once its up to its rated rpm, the current reduces to 20A DC. If need be you can add appropriately sized storage bins on top of the lids as well. This I did while waiting for Covid - 19 to blow over(which it hasn't). The operation of the Garmin that I had before I found not to be intuitive in operation. It's not an advertisement, their was a lot of discussion about the boat on the forum by a lot of people but no one who was an owner. When I installed the first panel I mounted two SS railings on either side of the pilot house roof to which I mounted the original solar panel. New Mexico North Dakota The result usually decimates the boats electrical/electronic systems. SeaPiper 35 Trawler Overview SeaPiper offers remarkable features and you will be amazed at the practicality of her design. Georgia Another defining feature is apparent upon approach; the modest 8 6 beam. Its maximum speed was 9 knots and water capacity, 150 gal. There are several advantages to the new belowdecks layout: getting around in the engine room is now easier plumbing and wiring runs are simpler and cleaner we now have a single (larger) hatch in the mid cockpit to get below. And when we talked to the people who have been building Tartan and Legacy yachts for more than sixty years, people who live and breathe boatbuilding, we at Seapiper knew almost immediately that we had found a new home., A few Seapipers that are presently in process will be completed in China and delivered to their waiting buyers. From a distance, the SeaPiper 35 looks like a cross between a small yacht and a classic U.S. Coast Guard Motor Lifeboat 36, with an enclosed aft wheelhouse, large center cockpit, and cabin forward. To help mediate this possible problem I added a electrically driven prime pump to the diesel line entering the engine. Shes a natural choice for retiring long-time sailors who want to work less and enjoy their time on the water more. Since you now know an owner and you are interested, ask away! This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Since the cooking time is shortened considerably, the energy consumption should be moderate. Norris Comer is an award-winning writer and the former Managing Editor of Northwest Yachting magazine. It would happen at the most inconvenient time making it difficult to go below and remedy the problem. Sliding doors lead from the tiny aft cockpit to two steps down to the galley. KIWI has four bilge pumps, one in the forecabin, in the engine room, in the galley area and in the aft lazarette.
Bank Of America 222 Broadway New York, Ny 10038, Articles S