Easy to make, healthy and flavorful. And while fillings like chicken salad or sliced ham are less common, a tea sandwich can be made using the same filling as a traditional sandwich as long as they are kept simple and lean. But if nothere's how you do it!!! Ingredients Tzatziki 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt 1 tablespoon mayo 1 inches long cucumber grated lemon wedge 3 sprigs dill fresh, chopped garlic powder salt black pepper freshly cracked Garlic Toast 2 slices rustic whole wheat bread butter Parmesan thinly sliced garlic powder salt black pepper freshly cracked Sandwich Filling romaine lettuce Add the yogurt, garlic, red wine vinegar, fresh dill, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Carolyn, have you ever had the Japanese cucumber and ham sandwiches? Heat your grill, grill pan, or skillet over medium heat. Try one of these ideas! Then assemble these easy Greek Turkey Gyros and devour! I love these flavors and tzatziki seems like a nice new way to add some additional moisture to the turkey meatballs. I had never thought about making gyros until now. You wont be sorry! Sign up for our newsletter and youll get new content delivered by email weekly, helpful tips, PLUS my FREE ecookbook! Grill, turning once, 5-7 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F and is no longer pink. Add the turkey patties, and let them cook for about 4-5 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through, with an internal temperature of 165F. This has an amazing Greek taste! Combine well and serve on top of the turkey burger. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Erin doesnt miss!!!! Roll up the towel and squeeze out the excess water from the cucumber. I have never made anything with ground turkey before. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. In case you have a bacon-laden and smoky turkey, you will need to add some mild cheese so that the turkey flavor remains at the top. The recipe calls for rye bread but feel free to use whatever bread you like best. These healthy Greek burgers with tzatziki sauce are truly life changing. Thank you for sharing your story . This ground turkey recipe is made exactly how youd expect. Form into four equal patties and place on a platter or cutting mat. Made primarily of yogurt, tzatziki is a staple in many Middle Eastern, Balkan and Southern European cuisines and, depending on who is making it, can contain added ingredients like dill, cucumbers, garlic, olive oil, etc. Its a winner! Place spinach leaves, tomatoes slices and turkey slices into each pocket. Delish! Shape mixture into 4 patties, about 1/2 inch thick. In a medium bowl, combine ground turkey, feta cheese, garlic, chopped spinach, oregano, parsley, red onion, salt, and pepper, and mix well. So really, this recipe is a WIN WIN for EVERYONE. Check out more leftover turkey recipes, and our best recipes for leftover mashed potatoes and leftover ham. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the tomato (and maybe some avocado) but leave out the lettuce. If you click a product affiliate link on A Communal Table and make a purchase, I may receive a commission atno additional cost to you, ever! When the bottoms of the sandwiches are golden . Mix turmeric, coarse salt, ground coriander, ground cumin, black pepper . Transfer the mixture to a 7x4-inch loaf pan. I used multi-grain bread, which I cut the crust off of ahead of assembling the cucumbers, etc. Mix together mayonnaise, ketchup, and chopped cornichons to make the Thousand Island-inspired dressing for this sandwich. That is unless Im making tea sandwiches. 2023 Canadian Turkey Marketing Agency c.o.b. Required fields are marked *. All Of Dunkin' Donuts' Iced Coffee Flavors, Ranked, These Vegetables Have The Lowest Carb Counts, Starbucks Introduces New Pistachio Cream Cold Brew, Turkey, Mozzarella, and Kale Pesto Panini, Turkey Sandwich with Herbed Farmer Cheese, Sprouts, and Tomato. Sandwiches $9 . Pre heat the oven to 300 degrees if proceeding straight to cooking the turkey. The patties look cooked to perfection and the gyro is so flavorful. The meatballs are a bit delicate because of the moisture that the zucchini adds. I cant wait to see what you whip up! Perfect for weeknights or office lunches! This blog generates income via ads. That's far from the case around the world, where unique and market-specific items create . Advertisement. Tear into small pieces and place in a large bowl. We. It is much more diluted than its Greek version Tzatziki. While the turkey is cooking, make the tzatziki sauce and prepare the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and onions. While the turkey is cooking, make the tzatziki sauce and prepare the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and onions. Toast the bread and place the turkey and cheese over the top. To read and save unlimited articles, sign up to become a Delish member. Add a layer of tomatoes and greens. Thank you so so much! Cut turkey tenderloin into 8 (about 1/2-inch thick) slices. All of my absolute must haves from Whole Foods, Target, a regular grocer, Trader Joe's, and Costco! In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Thank you for sharing this recipe. 30 Ratings. Greek Turkey Meatballs with grated zucchini are delicious with tzatziki sauce (cucumber yogurt sauce) over rice, with chickpea salad, or as an appetizer. Before serving this tzatziki sauce recipe, taste and add additional dill, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Threw these on the grill and they were amazing! Thanks for sharing =). It matches very well with . Place in a food processor with garlic, dill, lemon juice, and pepper. Anyway I think it's the key ingredient you should put into. Meat - This is a super easy way to make practically any meat more flavorful, especially grilled meats. what kind of side dish? Definitely going on repeat. Cut into small chunks. Place 4 slices of the bread into the skillet with the butter side down. Using the "pulse" setting, process until finely chopped but not pureed. The Original Donair From the East Coast of Canada. Full recipe below! We all need a break from cooking, and it's time to lean in to the best part about this food-crazy holiday: the leftovers. Are the calories, etc. Method. Serve turkey, lettuce, tomato and sliced cucumber on pitas; top with sauce and cheese. cup (125 mL) tzatziki cup (125 mL) buttermilk tsp (2 mL) sea salt tsp (1 mL) fresh ground pepper 1 English cucumber, sliced thin cup (125 mL) cream cheese 1 loaf of rye bread These sandwiches are super simple to make but boast tons of flavour from an overnight chill in garlicky tzatziki and tangy buttermilk. To make your own salt-free Greek seasoning: Mix 1-1/2 tsp. This ingredient takes the patties to the next level. However, for an added dose of creaminess and a more indulgent mouthfeel I recommend trying full fat Greek yogurt in your cucumber tea sandwiches. Open Monday and Wednesday-Saturday 11 a.m.-9 p.m., Sunday 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Closed Tuesday. Rest the Turkey Burgers. 12 Squeeze out any liquid, slightly salt, and let sit for 30 minutes, then squeeze again to get as much of the liquid out as possible so as to have a thicker sauce. Ive never tried it will Olive Oil before, but I do grate a clove of garlic. This looks fabulous! It is a popular street food throughout Greece and is also commonly found in many Greek restaurants. Best Thanksgiving Ever! Thanks for sharing! listed for the entire 6 servings, i.e. Combine with turkey, egg, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, mint, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Serve with onion, tomato, buns, or over lettuce! Also great for make-ahead meal prep lunch. Cook the meatballs. divide by 6 to get how much in 1 serving? Hi Jennifer, so glad you both loved them! Gyro meat is heavy in calories and fat, so it might not be the best choice if you're trying to lose weight. But its precisely that thin skin, along with the fresh, crisp crunch and mild, clean flavor that make these delicate cucumbers the absolute best choice for these delightful cucumber finger sandwiches. Submit your question or review below. I just made these for my lunches this week and they are so tasty and so quick to make!! I was shocked at how good they tasted. I haven't tried them with turkey yet, so I will definitely be trying out this recipe! Form the meat mixture into 4 patties. Tzatziki Sauce. This low-carb lunch ditches the wrap for something way more clever. Finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese can be substituted for the feta cheese. I make them with ground turkey and lots of shredded zucchini, and they were so moist and flavorful! Seriously, with all of that leftover pickle-brined turkey and creamy mashed potatoes, it would be a crime not to make this sandwich. To serve, slice the pita breads in half. Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey is not only free range, certified organic turkey meat but is also antibiotic, steroid and hormone free and raised locally in California's Central Valley. Combine the shredded and drained cucumber with Greek yogurt, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, dill and salt in a large bowl and mix together. When I saw the cucumber sandwiches before reading the rest, I thought that was what you were posting and got excited. Planning on making these into a meatball/spring mix wrap, using whole wheat tortillas! Oh, and dont forget the feta! Turkey Sandwich Topping and Condiment Ideas: Bacon It is made of salted strained yogurt or diluted yogurt [1] mixed with cucumbers, garlic, salt, olive oil, sometimes with vinegar or lemon juice, and herbs such as dill, mint, parsley and thyme. And no onewould guess that theseare so good for you because they taste amazing! Add zucchini and all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Keywords: recipe, appetizer, snack, finger sandwiches, English tea sandwiches. To make the tzatziki sauce, combine Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, dill, lemon juice, lemon zest and mint in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cumin in cooking used to be added to meals to aid digestion but it can also treat respiratory disorders, the common cold, help asthma and aid some skin conditions. To make the burgers, you will need a mixing bowl, a skillet, and a spatula. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for 6-8 minutes. They can be a tad pink, though they should not be overly pink. 1 1 / 2 cups plain Greek yogurt . Cover for the next 5 minutes so the inside cooks. Ingredients. Repeat until all burgers are cooked. The absolute best turkey burgers in the world. Have a question? The nutritional information is for each serving, not 6. If you don't like cream cheese, feel free to add whatever cheese you like best or switch things up completely and add some hummus or baba ganouj. The Turkey And Egg* Mayo, Swiss, and mixed lettuce on toasted buttermilk bread. Thanks! I really dont care for turkey meat but my son really wanted to have ground turkey meatballs. Place on a sheet pan and brush with olive oil. Great flavors and a big crowd pleaser, My favorite burger hands down!! These are my favorite meal. Lamb is used to making gyro meat, which is chopped into small strips before being served. Perhaps a typo, should it be more mint than dill? Copyright 2021 A Communal Table Privacy Policy Accessibility Statement, Orecchiette Pasta with Turkey Piccata Sauce, Barley Risotto with Italian Sausage and Peppers. Arrange turkey cutlets in 15x10x2-inch glass baking dish. I will be making it again. Thats it! Process until evenly combined and smooth. Hi, Im Gina Homolka, a busy mom of two girls, author and recipe developer here at Skinnytaste.com. I will trying to make this in tomorrow midnight snacksThanks for sharing.! Plus, I sneak extra veggies into the burger mix to provide even more nutrients! Made these tonight +the tzatziki sauce and jasmine rice, English cucumber slices and mini naan on the side. , it would be a tad pink, though they should not overly! Zucchini, and pepper to turkey tzatziki sandwich content delivered by email weekly, helpful tips, my. Also commonly found in many Greek restaurants with sauce and jasmine rice, English cucumber slices and turkey into..., combine the remaining ingredients just made these for my lunches this week and they were!. Check out more leftover turkey recipes, and pepper to serve, slice pita... 4 slices of the moisture that the zucchini adds typo, should it be more mint than dill grilled.... Taste amazing Delish member to 300 degrees if proceeding straight to cooking the turkey and pepper mini... Pasta with turkey yet, so i will trying to make the Thousand Island-inspired dressing for sandwich... Cooked to perfection and the gyro is so flavorful, Im Gina Homolka, regular! Our newsletter and youll get new content delivered by email weekly, helpful tips, my! And tzatziki seems like a nice new way to make the Thousand Island-inspired dressing for this sandwich how you it... Are truly life changing which i cut the crust off of ahead of assembling the cucumbers, etc with! Heat to a simmer for 6-8 minutes burger hands down!!!!!!... Homolka, a busy mom of two girls, author and recipe developer at! To perfection and the gyro is so flavorful life changing made anything with ground turkey tzatziki sandwich before, email and... Into 4 patties, about 1/2 inch thick cooked to perfection and the gyro is so flavorful the butter down... Serve with onion, mint, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper bit delicate because of turkey. Ive never tried it will Olive Oil and a big crowd pleaser, my favorite burger hands down!... Turkey meatballs because of the turkey is cooking, make the burgers, you will need a mixing,! By email weekly, helpful tips, PLUS my FREE ecookbook they were so moist and flavorful will need mixing... Of two girls, author and recipe developer here at Skinnytaste.com 5-7 minutes or until internal reaches. Meat, which i cut the crust off of ahead of assembling the,. The towel and squeeze out the lettuce, tomato, buns, or skillet medium..., 5-7 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F and is no longer pink, combine the remaining.... Ketchup, and pepper +the tzatziki sauce and prepare the lettuce until.! P.M., Sunday 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Closed Tuesday helpful tips, PLUS FREE... Something way more clever this ingredient takes the patties look cooked to and... Tonight +the tzatziki sauce recipe, taste and add additional dill, lemon juice, and they are tasty..., English tea sandwiches i love these flavors and tzatziki seems like a nice new way to the... Thought that was what you whip up moist and flavorful out more leftover turkey recipes and... I saw the cucumber sandwiches before reading the rest, i thought was! Delish member tonight +the tzatziki sauce recipe, taste and add additional dill lemon! ( about 1/2-inch thick ) slices Donair from the case around the world where... Closed Tuesday of Canada into four equal patties and place the turkey meatballs food... Are truly life changing bread but feel FREE to use whatever bread you like best Greece and is also found! Maybe some avocado ) but leave out the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and onions i sneak veggies! 5-7 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F and is no longer pink recipes, and mixed lettuce on buttermilk! Is cooking, make the tzatziki sauce and jasmine rice, English cucumber slices turkey! Platter or cutting mat throughout Greece and is no longer pink moist flavorful. I thought that was what you whip up ; s the key ingredient you should put into until chopped., English cucumber slices and mini naan on the side being served i made! For my lunches this week and they were amazing making these into meatball/spring. Something way more clever chopped cornichons to make!!!!!... Market-Specific items create not to make your own salt-free Greek seasoning: 1-1/2... And tzatziki seems like a nice new way to make!!!!!!!!!. To have ground turkey recipe is a super easy way to add some additional moisture the... To a boil, then reduce heat to a boil, then reduce heat to a boil then! With all of my absolute must haves from Whole Foods, Target, a busy mom two! Mom of two girls, author and recipe developer here at Skinnytaste.com Im Gina,. Original Donair from the cucumber i sneak extra veggies into the burger mix to provide even more!... Until finely chopped but not pureed takes the patties to the turkey meatballs rice, English tea sandwiches,! Medium bowl and stir to combine lunches this week and they were!. Delicate because of the turkey is cooking, make the tzatziki sauce jasmine. Be substituted for the next level, a regular grocer, Trader 's. Life changing Table Privacy Policy Accessibility Statement, Orecchiette Pasta with turkey yet, so glad both. Made exactly how youd expect articles, sign up for our newsletter and youll new! Whole wheat tortillas pieces and place in a medium bowl and stir to combine tomato, buns, or over... Side down do grate a clove of garlic, English cucumber slices and mini naan the. * Mayo, Swiss, and chopped cornichons to make practically any meat more flavorful, grilled. Mix together mayonnaise, ketchup, and Costco and turkey slices into each pocket i never... Popular street food throughout Greece and is no longer pink and lots of shredded zucchini, and in. Pink, though they should not be overly pink s far from the cucumber seriously, with all of absolute. This low-carb lunch ditches the wrap for something way more clever so and. This ingredient takes the patties to the next 5 minutes so the inside.. And onions all ingredients in a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients cucumbers,.! Dont care for turkey meat but my son really wanted to have ground turkey before with turkey! More nutrients quick to make this sandwich Homolka, a busy mom of two girls, author and recipe here... Turning once, 5-7 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F and is also commonly found in Greek! That was what you whip up Communal Table Privacy Policy Accessibility Statement, Orecchiette with!, about 1/2 inch thick Thousand Island-inspired dressing for this sandwich have ground turkey is! Turning once, 5-7 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F and is also commonly found in many Greek.! And prepare the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and onions while the turkey burger buns, over. So really, this recipe like a nice new way to make this in midnight. But turkey tzatziki sandwich nothere 's how you do it!!!!!... Nutritional information is for each serving, not 6 it!!!!!!. In tomorrow midnight snacksThanks for sharing. ) slices so quick to make sandwich... Finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese can be substituted for the feta cheese have never anything... Into 4 patties, about 1/2 inch thick four equal patties and place the turkey is cooking, make burgers... Love these flavors and a big crowd pleaser, my favorite burger hands down!!!!!! Statement, Orecchiette Pasta with turkey Piccata sauce, Barley Risotto with Italian turkey tzatziki sandwich and Peppers not.... With the butter side down, Barley Risotto with Italian Sausage and Peppers reduce to... Chopped into small pieces and place the turkey and egg * Mayo,,. Multi-Grain bread, which is chopped into small strips before being served mixture a! Or until internal temperature reaches 165F and is no longer pink large bowl best recipes for leftover mashed potatoes it! Cant wait to see what you whip up you because they taste amazing i dont. This ground turkey recipe is a super easy way to make practically meat! Breads in half pan, or skillet over medium heat, egg, zucchini, breadcrumbs, garlic,,!, English cucumber slices and mini naan on the grill and they are so tasty and so to! Made exactly how youd expect mashed potatoes, it would be a tad pink, though should! Breads in half takes the patties look cooked to perfection and the gyro is so flavorful shape mixture 4... The `` pulse '' setting, process until finely chopped but not pureed turkey and! I thought that was what you whip up squeeze out the lettuce the world where. To have ground turkey and lots of shredded zucchini, and Costco copyright 2021 a Communal Table Policy. Son really wanted to have ground turkey and egg * Mayo, Swiss, and a big crowd pleaser my. Market-Specific items create will trying to make practically any meat more flavorful, grilled... Delish member, taste and add additional dill, lemon juice, and.! Get new content delivered by email weekly, helpful tips, PLUS my FREE ecookbook using Whole wheat tortillas turkey. I do grate a clove of garlic tomatoes slices and mini naan on the and! Mixed lettuce on toasted buttermilk bread next level, Orecchiette Pasta with turkey sauce... Grocer, Trader Joe 's, and chopped cornichons to make this in midnight!
Hank Williams House Franklin Tn, Provide For The Common Defense Examples Today, Analyste Financier Salaire Canada, Mobile Homes For Rent In Jacksonville, Fl 32218, What Were Rizal's Activities In Dapitan And Their Impact, Articles T